Diff Fluid Shortage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
It has been a pain to find Diff Fluid anywhere, from online to the hobby stores. Seems like there is a shortage or some kind of issues here. I have three Arrma vehicles (Notorious 6s, Kraton 6s and a Kraton 8s. I have been looking for the following diff fluids.

500cst - shocks for the 8s, found at RCSUPERSTORE.COM
1,000cst - shocks for the 6s’, Mugen Silicone differential oil at AMAINHOBBIES.COM
10,000cst - “F/R” Diff for the 6s’, Mugen Silicone differential oil at AMAINHOBBIES.COM
100,000cst - “C” Diff for the 6s’, and “F/R” Diff for the 8s, only found traxxas 100k diff oil in 3/4 oz. bottle, not enough for one Diff, found at RCSUPERSTORE.COM
20,000,000cst - “C“ Diff for the 8s, only found Gravity RC Heavy Weight Silicone Oil at AMAINHOBBIES.COM (SOLD OUT NOW)

Where is everyone getting their Diff Fluid from or is no one really doing their maintenance?

My LHS always has tons of diff fluid, interesting to know that it is hard to find, maybe im spoiled lol.

Covid didn't help. I guess we can blame it on that like everyone blames problems on Covid these days.:LOL:

But I find diff and shock oil supplies have been very sporadic over the years. Nothing new. T.Assoc. oil can be on B/O for almost a year.
I have been checking their web site for months. I stock up big when it's available. I'll spend $40-50. when it is plentiful. Just so I have it on hand.
And when Team associated oil goes on B/O, it's a sign of the impending shortage at least here in the States. TA is the most popular.
There has always been a cycle of drought with silicone oil. Years back that I can remember.
For what it's worth, Traxxasss usually has oil. Albeit in tiny bottles at double the price.( on a good day)
T. Assoc. oils come in larger quantities for less$$. IMHO. Most if not all TA oils. They have the best CST selection. Lucas Oil USA makes TA oil. FWIW.

Some LHS, stock up on T. Assoc. oil with huge quantities and complete selections. Because they know it comes and goes from experience. And you can luck out sometimes if you find that one LHS with plenty in stock.
I noticed sometimes, when there is a shortage, price goes up with those that have. Then when the shortage is gone, prices come down to retail price.. Not nice.
But that's supply and demand I guess.

Last edited:
That's funny, my LHS has no pretty much no TA oil but mountains of TLR oil.

Parts Search | Associated Electrics

Nothing left. Diffs especially.
I usually leave my email for when back in stock and jump on them.
Done this several times over the years. I have so many rigs here and go through much oil. It can suck being without oil. Been there for months with a diff without oil. Or end up using a wrong oil only because its all I have.
Sucks when you need 20k or 30k and you just use 5k because that's all you have and none available:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back