Fireteam Diff fluid weight, springs and shock oil weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Got a fireteam on the way (for Christmas on the 25th, I have to wait :ROFLMAO: ) and was just checking the owner's manual online. Looks like the diffs are 10k/200k/10k, anybody find the 10k too light? I would think the 200k is a good choice for the center for general off road bashing, but the 10k sounds a little low, but figured I would see what others are doing.

Also I saw some yt reviews saying the suspension was pretty plush and soft out of the box. Stock shock oil is 1000cst which is around 75-80wt. I run Tekno orange springs and 50wt front/60wt rear on my Typhon which is pretty light in comparison. Any suggestions on keeping it stock vs firmer springs/higher shock oil wt?

I just finished all my diffs a few days ago. 50 front, 30 rear, and a half mix 200/500 center…..but I’ve used that format since I got the rig back when it came out. Works great for me. I’m super average as a driver 😂. I did replace the front and rear differentials with the metal cup ARA220050 just for the blingy fun factor.

This truck is a great jumping rig regardless of what the masses say…..the stock pinion ain’t so great so up a tooth or two and away you go.
Shocks, I still run the stock oil.

cheers,
kev

I just finished all my diffs a few days ago. 50 front, 30 rear, and a half mix 200/500 center…..but I’ve used that format since I got the rig back when it came out. Works great for me. I’m super average as a driver 😂. I did replace the front and rear differentials with the metal cup ARA220050 just for the blingy fun factor.

This truck is a great jumping rig regardless of what the masses say…..the stock pinion ain’t so great so up a tooth or two and away you go.
Shocks, I still run the stock oil.

cheers,
kev
You sound like me haha! Yeah the fireteam is a good truck! Lot of fun honestly! Idk why the masses didn’t like the rig!

Same here. 50k front / center 200 - 300k / rear 20. Works great on Kraton, Talion, wide Mojave (similar to Fireteam).

Got a fireteam on the way (for Christmas on the 25th, I have to wait :ROFLMAO: ) and was just checking the owner's manual online. Looks like the diffs are 10k/200k/10k, anybody find the 10k too light? I would think the 200k is a good choice for the center for general off road bashing, but the 10k sounds a little low, but figured I would see what others are doing.

Also I saw some yt reviews saying the suspension was pretty plush and soft out of the box. Stock shock oil is 1000cst which is around 75-80wt. I run Tekno orange springs and 50wt front/60wt rear on my Typhon which is pretty light in comparison. Any suggestions on keeping it stock vs firmer springs/higher shock oil wt?

Keeping in mind all people bash different :)

I watched a TON of videos and asked each YT'er their setup for those who bashed similarly to me. Keep in mind I am a ground basher, and the air I get would be coming over golf mounds and flying out of sand traps...not to the moon. I also bash it in the dirt where there are tree roots, rough in spots but with plenty of dirt for power drifting.

The FT is the ONLY rig I ever left stock 10/200/10k. No crazy tire ballooning doing the above. Diffs handle great, and the suspension is so plush it floats over the tree roots and other obstacles. Bashing my Kraton 6S EXB in the same environments but dead last place when it comes to the FT suspension handling is a dream!

Kraton has the classic diff setup as most change it to, but the different design of the FT puts it in a class by itself.

You sound like me haha! Yeah the fireteam is a good truck! Lot of fun honestly! Idk why the masses didn’t like the rig!,
For me it was the ridiculous $750 asking price. I picked it up Friday for $399 and couldn’t be happier. It really is a great truck.
For me I feel it needs some thicker diff oil. I plan on going with 60/500/30. I really like the rear brake too. No more waiting for the truck to quit rolling backwards, you can tap that brake and nail it. I replaced the two fans with aluminum protek fans and upped the pinion to 14. So far no heat issues at all but it was cool out and wet. Another thing I like is the inside stays real clean compared to all my trucks.

For me it was the ridiculous $750 asking price. I picked it up Friday for $399 and couldn’t be happier. It really is a great truck.
For me I feel it needs some thicker diff oil. I plan on going with 60/500/30. I really like the rear brake too. No more waiting for the truck to quit rolling backwards, you can tap that brake and nail it. I replaced the two fans with aluminum protek fans and upped the pinion to 14. So far no heat issues at all but it was cool out and wet. Another thing I like is the inside stays real clean compared to all my trucks.
That is the exact oil weights I run in mine!! Love the handling.

That is the exact oil weights I run in mine!! Love the handling.
It suits my driving. I like to keep all four wheels down with minimal front baloonage!
Then if I want to wheelie I can but not all the time. You can’t drift around corners and throw dirt and grass rooster tails if the front wheels are up ballooning till they bust. I think the stiff center gives me more control while in the air too. Everyone drives different on different surfaces lol 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back