Kraton Diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be a good starting point, see how you like it.
It’s kinda a personal preference...

What's everyone using? I've seen 500k center, 50k front, and 30k for the rear. Would that help performance?
That’s a great start, personal choice all depends on what/where you run etc..
I run 60/500/30 in my Kraton..??

I've been meaning to ask the same thing. Stock is 10/100/10, so how does the heavier oils affect handling exactly? In stock form so far, I don't have much of an issue with front tires ballooning, the truck turns great, jumps well etc. What would I gain from going 60/500/30, 50/1m/30 etc.

Thanks for the quick response. That chart helped a bit. The actual numbers were my concern. I’ll order the 50/500/30 and see how it goes. Is there a setup that’s better for speed runs or does it matter?

Thanks for the quick response. That chart helped a bit. The actual numbers were my concern. I’ll order the 50/500/30 and see how it goes. Is there a setup that’s better for speed runs or does it matter?
I'm no speedrun expert and others hopefully chime in, but generally go thick, maybe even lock the center ;)

For speed runs you want as thick as you can get.

Currently I have 30k up front and 50 k in the rear of my Senton 3s, and I have for sure lost some cornering speed. I'm gonna bump the front up to 100 k and retest.

s

I just got a Kraton 6S V4 and I'm wondering what the best setup is for swapping out the diff oil. What's everyone using? I've seen 500k center, 50k front, and 30k for the rear. Would that help performance?
I have 50k front, 500k middle and 30k rear on my Typhon Kraton and Outcast 6s and I like it so far.

Currently I have 30k up front and 50 k in the rear of my Senton 3s, and I have for sure lost some cornering speed. I'm gonna bump the front up to 100 k and retest.

s
I was worried about having to repeat the fluid change if it doesn't go well so it made sense to ask folks with waaaay more experience with this truck.
I have 50k front, 500k middle and 30k rear on my Typhon Kraton and Outcast 6s and I like it so far.
I saw a YouTube video where the guy had 50k in the middle. That's where I stopped watching. But I figured maybe the buggy might be different.

I was worried about having to repeat the fluid change if it doesn't go well so it made sense to ask folks with waaaay more experience with this truck.

I hear ya on this. I was hesitant to jump in, but I needed to change the servo, esc, and hook up a new radio, so I was already prepared to dig into the car.

What I ended up doing was buying 4 extra complete diff assemblies, as well as 4 more drive shaft sets. So now I have all the diffs set up with different diff fluid types and I can just swap them out in 2 minutes to test the differences. It was for sure a learning weekend taking each one apart, cleaning, replacing bearings, and rebuilding, but I can say that I got my diff service down solid.

s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back