Limitless Diff fluids for speedrun!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilias_cupra

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Any suggestion i reached today 109 miles with my limitless. But i have stock diff fluids and i think i must change them!!!

In my typhon i had 100k front and rear with spool.
I will try in my limitless 200k front 100k back. What do you think??

Thick diff fluid or locked diffs will help in straight line speed by keeping power equal between wheels, which forces it forward in a straight line. When one wheel diffs out, you spin out or blow a tire. So yes you will be able to hit a higher PB. The more stable your rig is, the faster you can go.

Thick diff fluid or locked diffs will help in straight line speed by keeping power equal between wheels, which forces it forward in a straight line. When one wheel diffs out, you spin out or blow a tire. So yes you will be able to hit a higher PB. The more stable your rig is, the faster you can go.
Whats you recommendation??? I ve already put in front 200k, what shall i put back?

Whats you recommendation??? I ve already put in front 200k, what shall i put back?
That’s probably ok to start with. Give it a try and see how it feels for you. I went 500k last change.

I don't turn, only speed runs! So i will see it with 200k front /rear!
After that i will try thicker fluid!
500k front /rear will be ok???
Yes you can go as thick as you want. You can even use putty and lock it. That will probably be my plan soon.

How about we 20mill front and rear? I want the car to be more stable going straight only. Right now I am on 10k front and rear but the car is little hard to control when taking off would 20 mill fix the issue or should I do 500k front and rear?

How about we 20mill front and rear? I want the car to be more stable going straight only. Right now I am on 10k front and rear but the car is little hard to control when taking off would 20 mill fix the issue or should I do 500k front and rear?
I have spools and 500K fluid front and back in all my speedrun cars, its thick and makes a big difference from stock. I can get the power down nicely with it. Next time I might try 1 million weight. 20 million seems like something big 1/5 25 pound trucks would use, pretty extreme

Any suggestion i reached today 109 miles with my limitless. But i have stock diff fluids and i think i must change them!!!
Why must you change them?
Something I missed? Performance reasons???
Did you ever open them up at all????
If anything they could be underfilled from the factory.
I emptied and refilled mine with 20k front and rear. But only because I checked them when new out the box and they were underfilled. Most new rigs are.

Last edited:
I love the answer and I will add one thing, which is you can turn with 100% locked diffs. But you need to be careful with tight turns.

We welded the spiders on our full size (RWD Only) road course car, that way you get equal torque to both wheels in the twisties. It's a common thing to do and is considered a poor man's locker. The thing you need to watch is tight turns when parking because there is a lot of stress on the inside wheel. You'd see people doing 12 point turns to park their cars. I haven't heard of anyone doing that with an AWD drive car though I think it might be problematic.

It should be fine as long as you have some wheel speed. If you don't, the RC car it light enough it probably will just spin the inside tire a little. It will make Hooning a bit more fun too and rip up tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back