Typhon Diff fluids for the TLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abraksan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon TLR
Hi,

Im looking to look at the diffs of my TLR. Is there a somehat allround setup? I drive it casual not looking for the limits of the car, (bashing, on and offroad, track on carpet/fake grass).

Would there be a diff fluid setup that would suite multiple circumstances?

cheers

8k 12k 4k is the best racing setup for 4s
If you’re going to be bashing you’d want 20k 100k 10k

Front, center, and rear is the order of those numbers. It all depends on what the sole purpose of the car is. Anywhere in between those recommendations should be alright.

I

Front, center, and rear is the order of those numbers. It all depends on what the sole purpose of the car is. Anywhere in between those recommendations should be alright.
I appreciate it. I have one also (TLR) and I’m going to start out on the track with my 3S Typhon so I’m thinking the latter. 😁 it’s winter but when it warms up? Hoons and a go fast pinion. I can always change it back!

Hoons and a go fast pinion.
Great minds think alike! (y)

PXL_20230203_164508676.jpg

* Not a TLR, just a TLR body from Jennys on my stock Typhon.

Thx. Atm there is no sole purpose 🙃. I live close to a small forrest and a modest rc track.

Would something like 10k 20k 5k or 20k 50k 10k be a bit allround?

I originally ran my car in a medium sized off-road track and went as high as 15, 30, 15 as a band-aid for poor mid corner throttle control. Ended up just doing power slides through every corner and burned through a set of tires every 2 packs or so. As I got better at driving the car started pushing and I dropped all the way down to 5, 5, 3 and it feels really nimble through the corners. Same setup I use racing it on a 10th scale on road track now.
PXL_20221202_060151826.jpg

haven't been to my lhs. Now thinking om gonna try 15 30 7,5 and work from there.

Which there would be a second weekend, so i would have more time. Ha

Hi,

Im looking to look at the diffs of my TLR. Is there a somehat allround setup? I drive it casual not looking for the limits of the car, (bashing, on and offroad, track on carpet/fake grass).

Would there be a diff fluid setup that would suite multiple circumstances?

cheers

Hello

I really enjoy my TLR. I am not a send-it person I am a basher. I bash it on dirt, golf course, homemade country track smooth dirt. I like to slide and drift in the corners and I race/bash with my best friend against his Typhon 6S v5.

I only run at 4S diffs: 20/20/10k. I looked at all the YT videos where guys were not sending the Typhon but ground bashing in my style. Every PM/comment I got back varied in that range and was the same as yours. Like one poster said I like it nimble and I love this step without thick fluids. I also run a big 21T pinion on it to challenge my friend v5 6S take-off we run neck-neck.

1675843468363.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back