Mojave Diff grease help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All grease will work, white lithium is a little thin and won't last very long. Yes, it will work but you probably have to grease every 3-4 packs.
Just use any other grease that is thicker.

I am confused here (noob) red and tacky is a universal grease isn’t? Do you put that inside the diff instead of all the fancy stuff silicone based oil?

I am confused here (noob) red and tacky is a universal grease isn’t? Do you put that inside the diff instead of all the fancy stuff silicone based oil?
You put grease on the pinion and ring gear (outside of the diff) and silicon oil on the inside.
And you need some sticky grease so it lasts longer and won’t sling off the gears at high rotation speeds. Hence the red and tacky.

You put grease on the pinion and ring gear (outside of the diff) and silicon oil on the inside.
And you need some sticky grease so it lasts longer and won’t sling off the gears at high rotation speeds. Hence the red and tacky.
Thanks buddy. I’m in the clear now! 😊

Molybdenum disulfide is a good, high-pressure grease for gears. It cleans up fairly easy. Red grease stays where you put it a little better, but it's tougher to clean. For as often as I'm getting into the diffs, it probably doesn't make much difference what the performance characteristics are.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back