Granite Diff Grease question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Hey everyone,

I just rebuilt my front diff and I ran out of grease. I've just ordered some Lucas Red N Tacky online, however I've been wondering if there's an alternative to diff Grease.
Can I use something different than grease? Also how bad is running it without grease?
The diff sounds horrible without it, can't tell if it's not broken in or caused by grease not being in it

You won't want to run it without grease - running it dry will create more friction, higher temps and a bit quicker wear. Any lithium grease should do... I wouldn't use anything else

I use blue marine grease i find it sticks to the gears best.

Hey everyone,

I just rebuilt my front diff and I ran out of grease. I've just ordered some Lucas Red N Tacky online, however I've been wondering if there's an alternative to diff Grease.
Can I use something different than grease? Also how bad is running it without grease?
The diff sounds horrible without it, can't tell if it's not broken in or caused by grease not being in it
are you talking about inside the diff cup itself? if so use diff oil. if you mean inside the rear of the truck where your ring and pinion are, use grease.

NEVER run either dry tho.

You won't want to run it without grease - running it dry will create more friction, higher temps and a bit quicker wear. Any lithium grease should do... I wouldn't use anything else
Thanks for the reply!
I mean it's not completely dry, there's just a very small amount of grease on it. I'm not sure if that's okay

I mean that's ok for a little but as soon as you get more grease I would clean it out and regrease it

Back