Typhon Diff input gear removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletRCs_NZ

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
Pretty sure the source of my clicky diff is the rear input gear. But how do you get it out to replace it? I've removed the rear end from the chassis and have the diff out. The input gear looks to have a chipped tooth but I can't see how to get that sucker out.

I know, I'm hopeless, please help 😭

Pretty sure the source of my clicky diff is the rear input gear. But how do you get it out to replace it? I've removed the rear end from the chassis and have the diff out. The input gear looks to have a chipped tooth but I can't see how to get that sucker out.

I know, I'm hopeless, please help 😭
Remove the set screw from the Safe-D input cup and pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

@wtfmfer +1

I can't find the grub screw. Is it a 1.5mm hex? I've stuck my 1.5mm hex in the drive cup hole but it didn't 'grab' a screw.
There should be a hole on the opposite side, try that one with a 2mm.

Take the bulkhead cover off and remove the diff. Then take the set screw out of the cup and use a punch to drive out the input pinion from the cup side. Prying it off will mar the cup and is more difficult than using a punch.

The 2mm hex got it! My input gear is toast. Thanks for all your assistance, case closed 👍
Make sure your diff case is not cracked and check all the diff bearings (I normally just replace them anyway).

Glad you got it out.

You may need an extra shim to get good mesh so check for any play side to side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back