Diff issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s

Has anyone else had this happen?
I was hearing clicking as if a diff was going bad. So end of my run I come inside to rebuild it and this is what I find???? Nothing is loose. I checked for play in everything. Put it back together and couldn't get them to pop out but obviously they are.... what am i over looking??? Also i thought at first it was center diff because it has like 90% front power. I know it isn't the rear because i sheard the out drive cup pin early in the day and split the sun gear in half.... i am at a loss.

Yes... but only in the front.. the pillow balls can pull or unscrew from the arms...making the bones not long enough..

Yeah they are screwed in... I figured it out. I took the front bulk head out and mock fit it to the diff and the bearings seating area is so over tolerance they literally have almost a 1/4 in of movement. Up and down not side to side... looks like new alloy bulk heads. In her future. The rear has the same play.. I wonder if just an oversized bearing will solve this????

Wow.. must have been some bearings bound up and spinning the outer races to woller it out like that... bummer man.. surprised the teeth aren't chewed right off the ring and pinion

No the bearings were fine actually. I know right. It wasn't a 1/4 in on the bearings. It was a 1/4 by the end of out drives. So maybe like a 16th on bearing. I stopped the whole car down. Every diff has that much slop. I don't know how I never noticed it before. I put new bearings in the rig and still the same movement... I wonder if anyone else has this kinda play on their kratons

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back