Kraton Diff lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Crraazzzy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the best diff lube to use in my kraton. I live in Florida and bash my kraton in the sand but not sure what would best to use. My apologies if this has been answered before but I looked to see if was mentioned in any of the forums. Much appreciated.

I put 100k front and rear a d 500k centre.

It's soo much more fun to drive now!

And I downgraded to using it on 4s instead of 6s.
Front tires are a lot happier now too

It's turning into a fun truck finally after a few upgrades .

I appreciate you letting me know. Does it matter that I live in Florida where it is
400 degrees most of the time.
Plus most of the places that I run it is the sand as their is not much true dirt.
So it seems to have to work harder to get thru the sand.

I don't think temperatures affect the diff oil much .
I think you'd be fine.
My research 100 500 100 seems to keep wheels down a little more .

I did it and am pretty happy with it.

Uses to hate my Kraton but after a few mods it's coming along slowly

I think you'd be fine.

I think you'd be fine.

Again thank you for letting me know. I will give it a try.

I run 50K, 120K, 30K in mine and it works great for me. Lots of wheelies but still very manageable. I think it all depends on your driving style and location. For your situation, I'd go fairly thick in the center diff so you don't get stuck too often in the sand (200K minimum)

I rebuilt my new Typhon diffs yesterday, all 3 seemed to be 'under filled' from the factory. The front and rear had about 50-60% of the oil I'd expect, the center only about 20-30%. The factory oil poured like something in the 25-50K range.

I put 1M in center, 500K rear, and 100K front

I run 50K, 120K, 30K in mine and it works great for me. Lots of wheelies but still very manageable. I think it all depends on your driving style and location. For your situation, I'd go fairly thick in the center diff so you don't get stuck too often in the sand (200K minimum)

So far I haven't got stuck with stock set up. That thing is a beast!!! Thanks for the input.

What comes stock in the new Arrma Kraton 2.0?
Wh
What comes stock in the new Arrma Kraton 2.0?

I know it comes with the upgraded
  • BLX185 150A Waterproof ESC
  • BLX 2050kV Brushless Motor
  • NEW – dBoots MINOKAWA Tires
  • NEW – TTX300 radio system
  • NEW – Graphics Livery

Also...

-New wing mount
-XT90 connectors
-Adjustable battery tray
-Factory shimmed diff
-Body clip retainers (small detail I know.. but I also know I'm appreciating them...)

I feel like I'm missing something...

I'm loving mine... crashed it so many times.. just got back in from a run with it, cartwheeled it about 15x and slammed into a telephone pole (was going maybe 40mph), only issue was I has to turn it back over.

ARRMA has been wonderful.. I've only been driving their rcs for a little over a month (a week with my Kraton.. my daughter's Granite). Have broken a lot on the granite (fried motor, 2x servo, front shocks, bent shock tower) and every time I call them they have me stock replacements in 3 days.. After the second servo broke they actually sent me an upgrade. I definitely plan to buy more rcs.. it's a hobby I think I'll be able to enjoy with my 9yo daughter for years... but I honestly have no intentions of buying anything other than am ARRMA product.

I'm loving mine... crashed it so many times.. just got back in from a run with it, cartwheeled it about 15x and slammed into a telephone pole (was going maybe 40mph), only issue was I has to turn it back over.

ARRMA has been wonderful.. I've only been driving their rcs for a little over a month (a week with my Kraton.. my daughter's Granite). Have broken a lot on the granite (fried motor, 2x servo, front shocks, bent shock tower) and every time I call them they have me stock replacements in 3 days.. After the second servo broke they actually sent me an upgrade. I definitely plan to buy more rcs.. it's a hobby I think I'll be able to enjoy with my 9yo daughter for years... but I honestly have no intentions of buying anything other than am ARRMA product.

I would agree with Arrma being wonderful. Like so many others my esc fried and replaced it but they had sent me a bad one. Then they sent me the new blx 185. When I got everything installed found out my receiver was bad. They replaced it with no questions or having to send it back. Then my servo went bad and again replaced with the upgraded one no questions and did not have to send it back. They are truly awesome in that regards. I will defiantly be buying more of Arrma products. Good luck with bashing....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back