Diff oil, cst to wt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.N.MIKE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I bought some diff oil and did not realize it was WT instead of CST. TLR does not show the CST only WT. Is there a chart for this or does anybody know the best WT to us for the center front and rear diff's.

I bought some diff oil and did not realize it was WT instead of CST. TLR does not show the CST only WT. Is there a chart for this or does anybody know the best WT to us for the center front and rear diff's.
It varies from company to company. Your best bet is to pick a brand that has a wide range and stick with them to figure out what works well for you. I've been running mostly associated oil the past few years. Everyone probably has their own favorite. Many years ago, there were charts on comparisons between losi, associated, mugen, hudy, muchmore, etc that showed one companies 50wt was another companies 40wt and if you bought from one company/wt one year, and the same company/wt another year, it would differ even then.

It would be very nice if there was a hard standard for it... but I don't think there really is.
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/iframe/cst_truth.htm

These guys are supposed to be pretty consistent, probably more for racing than bashers though as their diff oil doesn't go very high:
https://ptrcracing.com/

15465652046481959204067716525511.jpg
15465652750686718647257137964924.jpg

That's what they sell on Horizon Hobby for the diff oil a lot of TLR 10000 through 500 thousand WT. I have always used it even at my local hobby shop on my first car that's what they gave me for diff oil Team Losi racing and team associate which does measure by CST for the shocks.

Okay thank you very much I was not sure but that makes good since. Thank you again very much.

But CST is the standard, and Arrma uses it, which is great.
Associate marks their shock oil in Wt, but they also specify the CST value, so i just ignore the Wt value.
CST is a form of measurement in various conditions, but from company to company, it varies because their tests vary. At least that was the gist I got from info I had found.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back