Diff oil quantity and weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R-mac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I'm sure it has been done, but it seems scattered around on various threads. Please with all your expertise on here could you advise me on the ideal weights and volumes of diff oil needed on the 6S arrma's(outcast). Getting around to the shimming and this is my first time ever near an r/c. Have located the shims needed from here and youtube.
Car was second hand ,fairly clean, but i've benched it after a few packs for tlc and some peace of mind.

60k/200k/30k (F/C/R) , saw this from another post, seems good enough for me. Remove post please mods.

I would suggest the thickest oil you can find for the center diff. My Kraton couldn't do a wheelie until I put 1M weight in the center diff, it would just diff out everytime I hit the throttle. The larger tires you run, the worse the diff action gets.

I eventually went with Traxxas diff fluid made for the Xmaxx. Its 10M weight I believe.

I run 500k in the center on mine and it seems to work well. As far as quantity, I fill it up so that it just covers the cross pins of the small gears.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back