Mojave Diff Oil Recommendation Arrma Mojave 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary.rvp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
I have Armma Mojave 6s for 4 month is full stock I only chance the speed gear I want to chance de diff fluid what is best combination recomendation

I run 50k/200k/20k in front/centre/rear - I’m happy with it, running my Mojave mostly in grass and dirt.

Just changed my diffs to 30k/300k/30k Front/Center/Rear and HUGE difference in dirt handling and grass acceleration. Really puts the power down in high traction scenarios and in the dirt, it corners SO much better. I have a little course that I run here at home that consists of my grass yard and my dirt driveway, and it's so much better. When I go to turn on the dirt corner I just flick the servo to the right and punch the throttle and the tail end of the truck kicks out perfectly and just floats sideways around the corner. Almost like it's my drift car with a gyro in it. I was floored when I did that move. I've had the Mojave around that course dozens of times and with the different diff fluids I couldn't believe the improvement.

Not only that--in the grass--the truck traction rolls far less. For example, if I'm coming into a corner and let off the throttle, the leading tire in the rear doesn't stop, grab the grass, and roll the truck... It more-so matches the speed of the following tire and keeps rolling and the truck just either pushes or loses traction and slides out. It's PERFECT for my needs. Speaking of the grass, when I punch the throttle, because of the 300k in the center diff, the front tires don't grab all of the power and balloon out... The power is more evenly distributed and the truck just absolutely tears up the grass and goes forward with a vengeance. Big improvement to high traction acceleration. No wheelies though (because I turned my punch to level 1).

I also changed my shock weights to 70 in the front and 55 in the rear. No report here yet. I took a few jumps on the septic mound and I... really don't see much difference...? We'll see how that turns out.

Just changed my diffs to 30k/300k/30k Front/Center/Rear and HUGE difference in dirt handling and grass acceleration. Really puts the power down in high traction scenarios and in the dirt, it corners SO much better. I have a little course that I run here at home that consists of my grass yard and my dirt driveway, and it's so much better. When I go to turn on the dirt corner I just flick the servo to the right and punch the throttle and the tail end of the truck kicks out perfectly and just floats sideways around the corner. Almost like it's my drift car with a gyro in it. I was floored when I did that move. I've had the Mojave around that course dozens of times and with the different diff fluids I couldn't believe the improvement.

Not only that--in the grass--the truck traction rolls far less. For example, if I'm coming into a corner and let off the throttle, the leading tire in the rear doesn't stop, grab the grass, and roll the truck... It more-so matches the speed of the following tire and keeps rolling and the truck just either pushes or loses traction and slides out. It's PERFECT for my needs. Speaking of the grass, when I punch the throttle, because of the 300k in the center diff, the front tires don't grab all of the power and balloon out... The power is more evenly distributed and the truck just absolutely tears up the grass and goes forward with a vengeance. Big improvement to high traction acceleration. No wheelies though (because I turned my punch to level 1).

I also changed my shock weights to 70 in the front and 55 in the rear. No report here yet. I took a few jumps on the septic mound and I... really don't see much difference...? We'll see how that turns out.
Thanks help me very much

Hi I am going to run on mainly grass so 30k/300k/30k as mentioned above sounds good but what if I put 30/500/30?hmm I can only find associated 200k and not 300k?

Last edited:
Hi I am going to run on mainly grass so 30k/300k/30k as mentioned above sounds good but what if I put 30/500/30?hmm I can only find associated 200k and not 300k?
I think 500k for the center would be fine in such a long wheelbase rig.

I put in 60/200/20 and handle great I having lot fun with that combination I used dirt and grass

I put in 60/200/20 and handle great I having lot fun with that combination I used dirt and grass
The reason I opted for 300k over 500k was because these center diffs have been known to melt down from extreme use and thicker fluid will certainly not help that issue. So far, my 30/300/30 has been working out really well. Less traction rolls and more power to the ground.

The reason I opted for 300k over 500k was because these center diffs have been known to melt down from extreme use and thicker fluid will certainly not help that issue. So far, my 30/300/30 has been working out really well. Less traction rolls and more power to the ground.
You have it backwards IMO. Thinner oil makes them work more and heat up. Thicker locks the diff more and keeps them cooler.

I’m doing 50k/ 2mil / 125k the 2 mil is redic!! Doesn’t take flight at top end anymore either. Doing the shocks tonight or tomorrow. They’re so shot and bouncy. Doing 70 rear and 60 front.
Edit: I was going to do spool center diff but destroyed out drive cups so I went w the 2mil center diff. It’s like gel silicon lol. Packed it in no pouring or squeezing lol.

10,000 F/R

100,000 C

Screenshot_20220206-182649_Office.jpg

Screenshot_20220206-182618_Office.jpg

have 6S BLX not the EBX will the 50k/200k/20k for diff be good as well. Thinking of going shocks F 70and R 55

have 6S BLX not the EBX will the 50k/200k/20k for diff be good as well. Thinking of going shocks F 70and R 55
I’ve tried a bunch of diff weights. I prefer 125/500/75. I run 6s and go hard af w this rig and it seems to be perfect for me.

My RTR V1 Mojave gets 60f/500center/30k rear. ( RTR Open DIffs)
I find I get the least Tire Ballooning. ((stock tires)
Rig livened up.
Least amount of Diff bleeding power from the rear.
I run 6s.

I was only considering 1k for the rear shocks myself.
I like the rig plush. But mine is a bit heavy with M2C stuff. Might just change out the rear pistons first.

Yes the downside is that you’ll loose some if that plush suspension. I don’t have M2C’d the Mojave (only the wheel hexes), but it’s still quite heavy. With stock shock oil dropping it from about 2 feet the chassis hit the floor, so I thought I’d try thicker oil. Only did a couple of runs (2 or 3) with the thicker shock oil, but so far I’m liking it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back