Mojave Diff Oil Recommendation Arrma Mojave 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My RTR V1 Mojave gets 60f/500center/30k rear. ( RTR Open DIffs)
I find I get the least Tire Ballooning. ((stock tires)
Rig livened up.
Least amount of Diff bleeding power from the rear.
I run 6s.
Like that I might change mine over to this same rig as mine

Like that I might change mine over to this same rig as mine
I run this on most of my off road rigs.
You can tweak the front and rear diff oils to your liking as you get used to how it drives. But in general, I find that a F-R ratio of oil is best closer to 2:1.
60k:30k works for me and many others. A good place to start. Stock oil is too thin. And usually underfilled from the factory. Underfilled feels like it is even thinner.(n)
500k at center livens the rig up very much.(y)
The above applies to fully "Open" RTR diffs, not EXB Limited slip Diffs. (LSD)
Mojave is a heavy rig in general. FWIW. Just the body alone weighs a ton. 500k at center becomes a good balance.

Last edited:
You can tweak the front and rear diffs to your liking as you get used to how it drives. But in general, I find that a F-R ratio of oil is best closer to 2:1.
60k:30k works for me and many others.
I did 200 and I thought that was good going to step it up to 500
You can tweak the front and rear diffs to your liking as you get used to how it drives. But in general, I find that a F-R ratio of oil is best closer to 2:1.
60k:30k works for me and many others.
The above applies to fully "Open" RTR diffs, not EXB Limited slip Diffs. (LSD)
Mojave is a heavy rig in general. FWIW. Just the body alone weighs a ton.
Yes open diff which the RTR is. Im learning quick. Are the EXB the better way to go next time.....

Last edited:
The EXB 29mm diffs can be used. Cost more. Are stronger and robust at the main and input gears. Many running 8s use them. With 6s, I prefer open diffs. LSD diffs are a whole different animal. Harder to dial in. Use thinner oil best and the LSD plates orientations are used for dialing.
Open diffs are more Tunable IMHO. By just using different CST oils alone.
If anything I would consider running a LSD at the center only . But stayed with Open diffs on all my rigs.
Some guys buy the "Open Diff shim kit" for the LSD diffs to make them fully open. Many do this.
LSD's all around make the rig drive very different as opposed to Open diffs. Some like it, some don't.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back