Outcast Diff Oil Recommendations?

Outcaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey Guys,

I'm just planning ahead for when I need to/decide to pull apart the diffs on the Outcast.

I've picked up some shims (Teckno & Mugen Seiki) based on member recommendations here and on a few YouTube sites.

I also picked up some Factory Team diff oils to have on hand for when the time comes. I'm planning on going with 60K front, 100k center, 10k rear. I've got a bunch of RC's but the Outcast is the first 1/8th I've owned and the first truggy style with tuneable diffs.

I've read through the forums and threads and there seems to be a wide variety of diff oil thicknesses being used. Thought the combo I mentioned might be the best place to start when I do decide to pull them apart.

The fronts do get a lot of power transferred to them and with the front end up in the air on these trucks so much I'd like to minimize that a bit and reduce some of the ballooning. General bashing for me parks, construction sites, dirt piles and hills, and some ramp jumping of course.

I realize it's all subjective and personal preference of course but as I don't have a preference at this point any recommendations by those that have tried different combos would be appreciated?

Thanks

Rich Duperbash

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey Guys,

I'm just planning ahead for when I need to/decide to pull apart the diffs on the Outcast.

I've picked up some shims (Teckno & Mugen Seiki) based on member recommendations here and on a few YouTube sites.

I also picked up some Factory Team diff oils to have on hand for when the time comes. I'm planning on going with 60K front, 100k center, 10k rear. I've got a bunch of RC's but the Outcast is the first 1/8th I've owned and the first truggy style with tuneable diffs.

I've read through the forums and threads and there seems to be a wide variety of diff oil thicknesses being used. Thought the combo I mentioned might be the best place to start when I do decide to pull them apart.

The fronts do get a lot of power transferred to them and with the front end up in the air on these trucks so much I'd like to minimize that a bit and reduce some of the ballooning. General bashing for me parks, construction sites, dirt piles and hills, and some ramp jumping of course.

I realize it's all subjective and personal preference of course but as I don't have a preference at this point any recommendations by those that have tried different combos would be appreciated?

Thanks
I've been running 50/100/20k and like it.

Outcaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I've been running 50/100/20k and like it.
That's pretty close to what I was thinking. Thanks Rich!

I also use this set up along with the Mugen shims. I've used it in my Typhon, Kratons, and a SWB Kraton. I find its a nice balance.
Okay, great to hear I wasn't too far off, thanks!

Rich Duperbash

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
That's pretty close to what I was thinking. Thanks Rich!

Okay, great to hear I wasn't too far off, thanks!
No problem. I was running 50/200/20 in Kraton, that was good too. Think the biggest thing is putting heavier fluid in center to stop fronts from ballooning and bleeding power. Fun to experiment, but sounds like you're headed for a nice setup.

72Z15SS

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
I use 100k in the center. To me it seems if you go thicker, say 500k, it might as well have putty in it to lock it up. JMO.

sgerbitz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Fury
  3. Granite
  4. Nero
  5. Raider
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
I use 30/100/30 on my outcast after i rebuilt it.. Everyone on facebook says this is the perfect combo.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
No problem. I was running 50/200/20 in Kraton, that was good too. Think the biggest thing is putting heavier fluid in center to stop fronts from ballooning and bleeding power. Fun to experiment, but sounds like you're headed for a nice setup.
50k in the front on your kraton or in the back ??

Bri26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
50K would be the front and 20K for the rear. Pretty much everyone lists the diff fluid in this format - F/C/R