Outcast Diff Oil Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey Guys,

I'm just planning ahead for when I need to/decide to pull apart the diffs on the Outcast.

I've picked up some shims (Teckno & Mugen Seiki) based on member recommendations here and on a few YouTube sites.

I also picked up some Factory Team diff oils to have on hand for when the time comes. I'm planning on going with 60K front, 100k center, 10k rear. I've got a bunch of RC's but the Outcast is the first 1/8th I've owned and the first truggy style with tuneable diffs.

I've read through the forums and threads and there seems to be a wide variety of diff oil thicknesses being used. Thought the combo I mentioned might be the best place to start when I do decide to pull them apart.

The fronts do get a lot of power transferred to them and with the front end up in the air on these trucks so much I'd like to minimize that a bit and reduce some of the ballooning. General bashing for me parks, construction sites, dirt piles and hills, and some ramp jumping of course.

I realize it's all subjective and personal preference of course but as I don't have a preference at this point any recommendations by those that have tried different combos would be appreciated?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I'm just planning ahead for when I need to/decide to pull apart the diffs on the Outcast.

I've picked up some shims (Teckno & Mugen Seiki) based on member recommendations here and on a few YouTube sites.

I also picked up some Factory Team diff oils to have on hand for when the time comes. I'm planning on going with 60K front, 100k center, 10k rear. I've got a bunch of RC's but the Outcast is the first 1/8th I've owned and the first truggy style with tuneable diffs.

I've read through the forums and threads and there seems to be a wide variety of diff oil thicknesses being used. Thought the combo I mentioned might be the best place to start when I do decide to pull them apart.

The fronts do get a lot of power transferred to them and with the front end up in the air on these trucks so much I'd like to minimize that a bit and reduce some of the ballooning. General bashing for me parks, construction sites, dirt piles and hills, and some ramp jumping of course.

I realize it's all subjective and personal preference of course but as I don't have a preference at this point any recommendations by those that have tried different combos would be appreciated?

Thanks
I've been running 50/100/20k and like it.

I've been running 50/100/20k and like it.
That's pretty close to what I was thinking. Thanks Rich!

I also use this set up along with the Mugen shims. I've used it in my Typhon, Kratons, and a SWB Kraton. I find its a nice balance.
Okay, great to hear I wasn't too far off, thanks!

That's pretty close to what I was thinking. Thanks Rich!

Okay, great to hear I wasn't too far off, thanks!
No problem. I was running 50/200/20 in Kraton, that was good too. Think the biggest thing is putting heavier fluid in center to stop fronts from ballooning and bleeding power. Fun to experiment, but sounds like you're headed for a nice setup.

I use 100k in the center. To me it seems if you go thicker, say 500k, it might as well have putty in it to lock it up. JMO.

I use 30/100/30 on my outcast after i rebuilt it.. Everyone on facebook says this is the perfect combo.

No problem. I was running 50/200/20 in Kraton, that was good too. Think the biggest thing is putting heavier fluid in center to stop fronts from ballooning and bleeding power. Fun to experiment, but sounds like you're headed for a nice setup.
50k in the front on your kraton or in the back ??

50K would be the front and 20K for the rear. Pretty much everyone lists the diff fluid in this format - F/C/R

Soo 50k/ 100k/20k is good combination? Who make the best fluid for Arma?
This is a 2019 thread....

I would say what do you want the rig to do?

50/500/20k is a sweet spot for bashers seen mentioned a lot. I ran that for a while. I found I do not like my rig to wheelie.

50/200/20k work well for ME... it allows the center diff to bleed some of that power so it does not wheelie. I have better control of what I want it to but I can launch off the line with power not be standing up in the air.

Best to play with it on the center diffs numbers to see what you like.

I buy what is on sale, or I can get the diff fluid is all about the same...do not put too much into that.

This is a 2019 thread....

I would say what do you want the rig to do?

50/500/20k is a sweet spot for bashers seen mentioned a lot. I ran that for a while. I found I do not like my rig to wheelie.

50/200/20k work well for ME... it allows the center diff to bleed some of that power so it does not wheelie. I have better control of what I want it to but I can launch off the line with power not be standing up in the air.

Best to play with it on the center diffs numbers to see what you like.

I buy what is on sale, or I can get the diff fluid is all about the same...do not put too much into that.
I like wheelie that right I want to go with stock fluid? What is the stock fluid for my outcast exb 8s?

I like wheelie that right I want to go with stock fluid? What is the stock fluid for my outcast exb 8s?

Well you posted in the 6S thread so I do not know it for the 8S. if you like wheelies, 50/500/20k on 6S do you right.

I do not own any 8S 4x4...sorry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back