Kraton Diff oil recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Kraton v5 diff oil recommended?
I'm going to buy some maintenance items shock oils and diff oils but unsure what to buy
Can people tell me what they use please general bashing jumping stunts ect
Thanks info appreciated

Many people run 60/500/30 F/C/R for general bashing. Shock and diff oil will come down to personal preference and will take some time tuning and finding what suits your environment and driving type the most.

Many people run 60/500/30 F/C/R for general bashing. Shock and diff oil will come down to personal preference and will take some time tuning and finding what suits your environment and driving type the most.
This is what I run also, in my Kraton and Typhon. Works well in both.

I tried to find the newest thread on this to see what is recommended. Seems not a lot of info at least that I can find. I've got a couple weeks learning to drive the Kration 6S V5 and I'm finding as I up the power from 50 to 75% on the controller I start getting wider turns unless I completely chop the throttle. I'm also seeing the front tires balloon a bit and it squats big time to the rear on full throttle.

I've been seeing recommendations to open up the diffs out of the box and check fluid, but if I'm gonna do that I might as well make a change at the same time? I was thinking to start with 20K in the front considering the stock setup is 10K/100K/10K?

I've been mainly running it on asphalt streets if that matters.

But is that recommended for someone new to these cars playing on mostly asphalt? That's a big difference from the factory setup and I'd wonder why Arrma got it so wrong?

Personally I don’t think it matters what surface you run on……but I’ve been wrong once before.🤪

But is that recommended for someone new to these cars playing on mostly asphalt? That's a big difference from the factory setup and I'd wonder why Arrma got it so wrong?
Hello.

If you are new to it start with stock oil. I think you said you are going to start with low power 50% and move up. There is no need to change or bother the diff oil. When you get into numbers like 50/200/30k it is more so for me to change how the rig drives if I want more drift or pull in/out turns etc. There is a reason for the 50/200/30 why it is so often mentioned by seasoned bashers.

Start with stock to see how you like to drive it tweak from there.

They didn't.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pick up some 10K and 100K in case the diffs aren't topped up to start and as I start bumping up the speed see how it goes. I've moved up to 75% now that I've gotten some practice driving and I can tell the front tires are ballooning a bit so I might get some 20K too.

It wears faster and keeps other issue that come with 6s for all of us especially a newbie !! Enjoy having your mind blown 🤯😂🍻

Hi, a newbie question when viscosity of diff oils specified in this thread as for example 40/500/20 F(ront)C(entert)R(ear) what units are assumed - CST or W ?

You have to remember these trucks are just evolutions from Team Durango so are set more for track racing than general bashing.

I personally used 50k/silicone ear plug/20k but it is personal preference

I'm running 50k/500k/30k and feels good.
When doing tight turns while apllying throttle I noticed the front-outer wheel tends to baloon a bit, maybe 75k in the front diff is a better choice.
For the shocks the stock 1000cst oil seems quite good for general bashing.

40/500/20 is:

40k front
500k middle
20k rear

Units are cst or weight, they are the same once you get to 1k or higher.

40/500/20 is:

40k front
500k middle
20k rear

Units are cst or weight, they are the same once you get to 1k or higher.
Thanks for explaining. Will the combo above help with the digging then flipping while turning?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back