Kraton Diff oil setup for buggy racing track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vale-vox

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Ciao all,

I was wondering what diff oil it's ideal for the center diff for a day in a 1/8 buggy truck. Ijust put 500k in the center, will it work? Let me know thanks.

:cool: That seems a bit high (too thick) for a confined closed course track IMHO. You will have a hard time keeping a line. Stock 100K is more appropriate. For bashing 500k is fine and what I prefer in my Kraton 6s. Hopefully others may chime in. If you are referring to your 6S Kraton, It is not really a Buggy per se. It would be considered a wide tracked Truggy with its dimensions. It would not be allowed for sanctioned racing. FWIW. You can always get truggy wheels/tires with zero offset to make it pass sanctioned inspections. But I gather you are just running for fun on a track ...open racing for all.. That's cool too. I wish there was a track near me.

Th
:cool: That seems a bit high (too thick) for a confined closed course track IMHO. You will have a hard time keeping a line. Stock 100K is more appropriate. For bashing 500k is fine and what I prefer in my Kraton 6s. Hopefully others may chime in. If you are referring to your 6S Kraton, It is not really a Buggy per se. It would be considered a wide tracked Truggy with its dimensions. It would not be allowed for sanctioned racing. FWIW. You can always get truggy wheels/tires with zero offset to make it pass sanctioned inspections. But I gather you are just running for fun on a track ...open racing for all.. That's cool too. I wish there was a track near me.
Dohhh i just swapped the 100k with the 500k... So unlucky..learning from mistakes heheh. Anyhow i live on Thailand and here it's an anarchy tou can race anything with 4 wheels in those buggy tracks... Anyhow thanks very much! always appreciate your useful and fast responses!

Run what you got and don't stress too much on the center diff. See how you like it. But just for reference, Track guys run thinner weight oil all around. The front diff is usually a tad thicker than the rear diff oil, BTW. Its personal preference in the end. Some food for thought. Enjoy. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back