Kraton Diff oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just got my new 6s kraton,,,,so glad......what diff oils are you guys running in the three diffs...I know it needs to be thicker,,,,but how much,,,any suggestions? I don’t want the front ballooning want it planted on the ground as much as possible.,,, Thank you.

Most will put between 100k - 500k in the center. Then most run thicker up front and thinner in the rear, to calm down the front tires ballooning. In my learning on here, the thicker the center diff is, the more you will deal with the front lifting on you. Once I get some Diff oil myself, I'll be using 300k in the center on my Outcast 6s and going 30k rear and 50k up front, see how that drives/ride for me. It will most likely be a trial and error situation though, based on your driving. Gratz on the new Rig! Hear a lot of good talk on that specific model, happy bashing!! ?

I personally just run what the manual says in my Notorious and Typhon 6s. I had to buy the 100K, but already had the 7k and 10k from other cars in the past.

Front and Rear :

TYPHON: 7,000 Factory Team Part #: 5459
KRATON: 10,000cst Factory Team Part #: 5455
TALION: 10,000cst
OUTCAST: 10,000cst
NOTORIOUS: 10,000cst

Center:

TYPHON: 100,000cst Factory Team part # 5459
KRATON: 100,000cst
TALION: 100,000cst
OUTCAST: 100,000cst
NOTORIOUS: 100,000cst

Most will put between 100k - 500k in the center. Then most run thicker up front and thinner in the rear, to calm down the front tires ballooning. In my learning on here, the thicker the center diff is, the more you will deal with the front lifting on you. Once I get some Diff oil myself, I'll be using 300k in the center on my Outcast 6s and going 30k rear and 50k up front, see how that drives/ride for me. It will most likely be a trial and error situation though, based on your driving. Gratz on the new Rig! Hear a lot of good talk on that specific model, happy bashing!! ?
I’m kinda thinking 1 million in the center and 100,000 in the front and rear,,,,,,that’s what I put in my traxxas rigs....just wondering how this will work on the kraton,,,,, thanks for th comeback......

NP! That's fine you want to try that out! Just remember the center with 1M weight is going to give it a "locked" feeling, hence more wheelies.

I’m kinda thinking 1 million in the center and 100,000 in the front and rear,,,,,,that’s what I put in my traxxas rigs....just wondering how this will work on the kraton,,,,, thanks for th comeback......
What traxxas rigs? Aren't many that come with a center diff by default... well, there are more now than there used to be. The UDR, XMaxx, ERBEv2 and Maxx that I'm aware of. Are there others?

I have to say the way the diff in the ERBEv2 reacts with 20M isn't like these trucks. It reacts weird when cold, then kind of opens up when it's hot. If it wasn't so annoying to get at the center diff, I'd try 1M in it to see how it felt. The 20M is like putty.

I run 250 or 300k in my stampede 4x4 center. Just change my outcast from 500k to 300k (100k front/rear) and really like it a lot better that way on 6S. On 4S, the 500k worked well, but was bit much once I started running 6S.

Just got my new 6s kraton,,,,so glad......what diff oils are you guys running in the three diffs...I know it needs to be thicker,,,,but how much,,,any suggestions? I don’t want the front ballooning want it planted on the ground as much as possible.,,, Thank you.
Thicker in the center is going to make it wheelie more. So if anything, stay stock in the center and go heavier in front. Stock is 10k/100k/10k so maybe 30k/100k/10k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back