Kraton Diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclewis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
What do you guys suggest for diff oil...front, center and rear...... I wanna go fast and I want a more balanced power (less ballooning in the front) and idk if it's possible but I would like to have a better diff for hill climbing and etc. Almost a diff lock kinda but not really yk?

The heavier the weight the more of a locked feeling its going to give. To really lock it up feel, you could go something like F500k/C1mil/R500k.
Oil is always going to be driver preference though, trial and error until you like what you feel!
Also, you're going to want to have the front with heavier oil then the rear to help limit the front from ballooning as much. Have fun deciding! ? ?

I put 500,000 center and 100,000 front and rear. That definitely helped with ballooning over the stock, but doesn't give you that "locked" feel. I just got some 1 mil and am going to do that in the center. Its all up to you and how "you" want it to feel, but I wouldn't be afraid to start with 1 mil in the center, and 100,000 (maybe more) front and rear to give you that feel of more even distribution of power.

How does 1m8l in center and 500k front and rear sound? Will that lock it better and will it stop ballooning?

Hey @Aclewis. Not sure which 6s you have. In a Typhon that will see as much tarmac as dirt, maybe a really high center wait like 500k or 1M. Front and rear will depend on how much steering you still want. Too high up front and you'll loose some steering feel because of the locked difs. In an Outcast, Talion or Kraton, 60/500/30 is a great balance for bashing. Keeps the ballooning down a bit, but still gives good control if you're taking the wheels of the ground a lot. Associated makes excellent fluids, but finding 1M plus weights isn't easy. TRX makes a pretty wide line of weights, and you know the product will be tested and true. You have to try different things and with the 6s line, that's pretty easy. Just buy a bunch of spare difs and fill them with different weights. Switching is pretty simple through the line. Know that the Senton and Typhon are different tooth counts and gear cuts from the other 6s trucks when shopping

1mil*
Ok thanks, I have a kraton...... If I bought 500k for front and rear, would I have to buy two bottles or will one fill both front and rear?

Last edited:
If it's the standard sized bottle of Team Associated then 1 bottle is enough, should see you through a few diff oil changes

If you go too high in the rear, you will feel the steering loss the most. The rear diff really helps steer your car almost as much as the front wheels turning. Lock that rear diff and it will understeer really bad.

don't put 500 in front and rear... I get what you are trying to do. I have ran about every combo in my kraton. This is what you want 100,000 front, 1 million center, 60,000 rear. Trust me on this any higher is just not needed. Careful she will do whillies on demand after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back