Notorious Diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean c

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I am looking to do maintence on the truck. Have not done any was wondering what oils to use and anything i should really look out for when i tear it down. Any siggests appreciated.

You will want some shock oil and some diff oils. The viscosity you choose is mostly a personal preference. You will want to stock up on some variants so you can get it setup the way you like it.

Shocks: I would get some 35W, 40W, 50W, 80W

Diff: I would get 10k, 50k, 100k, 500k and 1M

With those weights you could mix to get something in between if desired. Some of these could be eliminated if you know where you want your setup.

Would you keep the shocks all the same. I like running the 6s off of this truck while i isually race woth the senton 6s so I use the 4 s for more control. With jumping use thicker shock oil?

Would you keep the shocks all the same. I like running the 6s off of this truck while i isually race woth the senton 6s so I use the 4 s for more control. With jumping use thicker shock oil?
I’m not quite following your question but I will do my best to answer what I think you’re asking. Yes I would keep all four shocks the same. You will want to tune them for your style of running and climate. In colder areas your fluids will seem thicker than for those in warm climates. Take that into consideration.

Thicker shock oil also risks damaging shock shafts and rod ends. Make sure your rig can still slap the chassis from a few feet drop. If not, other things will break. ??

I live in wisconsin so cold is an issue. I will play with the oils. I am still fairly new to tuning, in fact I have not tried to tune any of my cars, but the senton and I primary drive that on streets amd indoor warehouse flooring. So off road bashing is kind of grab it and send it. See what happens. Hehe thank you for the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back