Diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAdNeWs-89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Right I'm upgrading the Diff on my limitless any recommendations on oils. The car is going to be doing mainly high speeds.

Right I'm upgrading the Diff on my limitless any recommendations on oils. The car is going to be doing mainly high speeds.
If you don’t need to turn, basically drag racing or speed runs, the higher the better. You can go as high as you want, even full lock.

If you are doing track laps or need to turn under power, keep the rear lower than front, maybe F100k R20K.

There will be minimal turning as I'm basically building a drag. Any recommends brands and strength's.

There will be minimal turning as I'm basically building a drag. Any recommends brands and strength's.
I don’t think it matters on brand. I would buy 100k 500k and 1M to start. I would make some test hits with the stock diffs just to get a feel for the stock open diffs (10k).

What would be nice is having some spare diffs built with various weights so you could swap them quickly to gauge their effect. I would go up in weight equally front/rear until you get it dialed in the way you want.

For drag or speed runs, you can even fully lock the diffs if desired. You just won’t be able to turn very well. Especially under power. And when I say that, I don’t mean you can’t correct direction at all, I’m talking about taking curves in a track. It will drift around turns with a locked diff. You can still turn around at lower speeds and make minor steering adjustments as you make passes.

So if i try 100k rear and 500k for the front as my first spare diff set up and keep stock for now i can play about. ??I don't think i will lock diffs As it is always good to have some turning

So if i try 100k rear and 500k for the front as my first spare diff set up and keep stock for now i can play about. ??I don't think i will lock diffs As it is always good to have some turning
Sounds like a great plan. I think if it were me, I would be buying four or five spare diffs from Jennys and load them up with various weights (mark the weight on the main gear) and have them ready to pop in. That way in back to back hits you can see the effect right there. Then run with the best one. ????

Sounds like a great plan. I think if it were me, I would be buying four or five spare diffs from Jennys and load them up with various weights (mark the weight on the main gear) and have them ready to pop in. That way in back to back hits you can see the effect right there. Then run with the best one. ????
Great thank you for your help

Yeh will do it wont be for a bit as I've got a lot of work todo on it. But as soon as im up and running ????
Let us know if you have a YT channel so we can sub. I’m considering the same path so your results would be gold for me ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back