Kraton diff oils?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
I looked around and didn't see anything definitive .. So

New kraton 6s I wont be sending it much i got 2 little ramps from landwave
81N6MkF%2B-TS._SL1500_.jpg

but really want to try and cut down on wheelies and mostly race on dirt and grass with small bump jumps etc

i was thinking 500k front 1 mill center and 250k rear?
or
250k front 500k center and 150k rear?

also what brands of oil should i use and where do i buy them??

ANY help i can get would be great as im scared to death to even open my diffs (still have a full fast eddy bearing set also sheesh)
the goal is to keep it stable on the ground for now and less wheelies no flips (for now)

I own a 3s but both of my brother have 6s and run 500k center 30k rear and 60k front but that doesn’t help u much as they thrive for wheelies and flips.
I do know that team associated oil is really good though so that pert helps?‍♂️?

I have 500k center, 100k front and 50k rear in my v4. For me it’s been a great balance. All I have to compare it to is the stock oil as this is the first time I’ve changed it. I like it now for general backyard bashing.

so if im trying to keep it grounded and small jumps something like 100k front 250k center and 50k rear? or 100k rear

Unfortunately, there is no right or wrong answer to the weight of the fluid.. it's mainly about preference on the way it feels while cornering and accelerating around a track...

I noticed with my Outcast while it had 500k in the center and then 100k weight, it seems to me its still more about throttle control. I just have to roll on the throttle a lot more with the Outcast then my other rigs, along with making sure I don't burst the throttle to much while its moving as well. Unless your hitting the top of that ramp!!

I looked around and didn't see anything definitive .. So

New kraton 6s I wont be sending it much i got 2 little ramps from landwave
81N6MkF%2B-TS._SL1500_.jpg

but really want to try and cut down on wheelies and mostly race on dirt and grass with small bump jumps etc

i was thinking 500k front 1 mill center and 250k rear?
or
250k front 500k center and 150k rear?

also what brands of oil should i use and where do i buy them??

ANY help i can get would be great as im scared to death to even open my diffs (still have a full fast eddy bearing set also sheesh)
the goal is to keep it stable on the ground for now and less wheelies no flips (for now)
The thicker you go in the center, the more wheelies you will get. This is because it will divide power more equally between front and rear. With thinner oil, it will send the power to the wheels that spin freely, which wastes the power, but prevents wheelies.

I just rebuilt all 3 diffs with new bearings and diff fluids. I upgraded the motor and decided to go with 1 mil center 250 rear and 125ish front.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back