Kraton Diff orings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can anyone help me locate a minimum of 2 oring to rebuild my center diff? I cannot seem to be able to find them anywhere. Part number ar716011. They are a 4.5mm x 1.5mm silicone oring.

This used rig has become my worst nightmare.
All 3 diffs were toast. Center diff was completely locked. Took a tremendous amount of force to break loose the planetary gears. Both sun gears were broken. At least this one wasn't full of marine grease.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180206_173342.jpg
    IMG_20180206_173342.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 197
Rrr184, Great news on the Mugen internals, as always good to have another option, especially with what's happening with Hobbico, etc. Also good find on the Mugen/Protek diff O-rings, as the Arrma P-5 O-rings (716011), show backorder everywhere. Since the Arrma diff gaskets (310444) are also on backorder, I wonder if the Mugen diff gaskets (MUGC0257) will work on the Arrma diffs?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/mugen-seiki-gasket-for-diff-mugc0257/p1775

Mugen diff gaskets are slightly smaller, but I think you could use them if there's no other option

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    558.2 KB · Views: 77
Gyro, that's good to know. Great tip, especially if in a bind. Expensive for only 1 gasket, but does look better quality, maybe?

I wonder why Arrma would make 2 different diff gaskets, when basically it sounds like the Nero gasket (AR310541) is the same as the (AR310444) gasket for the Kraton/Talion/Outcast, etc. To fit and seal, all the holes must perfectly line up, same thickness, etc, & as Gyro said, "it fits like a glove". I don't understand why Arrma didn't just make 1 diff gasket for all their 1/8 scale RC's? I can't help but think, was this just another bad business decision by Hobbico, again...

Gyro, that's good to know. Great tip, especially if in a bind. Expensive for only 1 gasket, but does look better quality, maybe?

I wonder why Arrma would make 2 different diff gaskets, when basically it sounds like the Nero gasket (AR310541) is the same as the (AR310444) gasket for the Kraton/Talion/Outcast, etc. To fit and seal, all the holes must perfectly line up, same thickness, etc, & as Gyro said, "it fits like a glove". I don't understand why Arrma didn't just make 1 diff gasket for all their 1/8 scale RC's? I can't help but think, was this just another bad business decision by Hobbico, again...
To logical,,,technitions sometimes don’t pick up on the obvious......

That gasket set Gyro talked about comes with 6 gaskets, not just one. I'm gonna order some.

That gasket set Gyro talked about comes with 6 gaskets, not just one. I'm gonna order some.
Yes, actually a good price for 6 then. Anyways, the Arrma diff gaskets (AR310444) are now showing back in stock, including A Main hobbies, so do not have to substitute with other gaskets, especially if you don't want to try/test other ones.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-differential-gasket-3-ara310444/p409431?r=0

I just carefully wipe them down, I don't really clean them.

If the tear is not all the way thru, it may be OK. Personally, If I had a spare, I'd put it in. If you don't have a spare, install it, order some new ones, and watch that diff for leaks.

Don't use cleaners on the gasket or the rubber O ring. Just gently wipe off.

Damn i already should i replace them with a new one. As i sprayed it with brake cleaner?

Agree, also recommend using some GREEN SLIME on the o rings when reinstalling, as this will help prevent any diff leaks.

Do you have a link for the green slime or a brand i can look into?

Damn i already should i replace them with a new one. As i sprayed it with brake cleaner?

I've never used green slim but the break clean will dry out rubber and paper gaskets. If you didn't let it sit long and got it back in oil it should be fine.

I also recommend only wiping the diff gasket to clean with a cloth (as it is just a paper type of material), and would not use any type of cleaner. Was it non-chlorinated brake cleaner you used? If yes, this type leaves no residue or film and dries instantly + it is even used to prep before painting. Otherwards, you should be ok to reuse, as I gathered you just did a quick spray and did not soak in it.

Here's a link to some green slime, but A Main is out of stock. Besides the best stuff to help seal diff o rings, it also works really well on shock o rings also (come in handy when you need to replace a bent shock shaft).
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-associated-factory-team-green-slime-asc1105/p3068

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back