Outcast Diff problem. NEED HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that sounds like when I bent my motor plate with my K4s before.

Have you checked the rest of the car?

that sounds like when I bent my motor plate with my K4s before.

Have you checked the rest of the car?

When I disconnect front diff it doesn't make a sound anymore. When the diff is placed without connected driveshafts (as in the video) it spins perfectly, but when I connect driveshafts to it, the diff wants to twist and move from its place, but that's maybe because the cover is not on and I cannot hold it with my bare fingers, but maybe I am wrong.

NEW VIDEO: https://mega.nz/file/0VpWzC4A#X4ph7JfWAF-5RZOQ--x4LDUcVG67iqneA3z_9-XoFT4

Sorry to hear your having trouble.. couple things,

you shouldn't run the gear set without the cover.. your working with a spiral cut gear set, it naturally wants to push the ring gear (large diff gear you replaced) away from the pinion (input gear)...

Is the factory shim present on the gear side of the diff against the outer portion of the bearing?

Did you replace the pinion gear? (Input gear)

Did you replace the bearings? Both on the pinion and the diff? Input bearing failures are common, at that point the mesh is free to do as it wishes and will walk away from the ring gear causing a skip/strip under load..

Grab the input cup and see if there is side to side or up and down play to check the bearings on the input side.. if it has play the bearings are most likely smoked, or the input cup has slid back away from the outer facing input bearing...✌

I got my answer :D

1593802788047.png

Attachments

• 1593802869447.png
    1593802869447.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 42

Double ?‍♂️.. ok sweet, but, does this help the OP? Not at all...

I know everyone is excited about opening their wallets, but there are plenty of exb threads, no need to make every thread about it when it has no relevance to what we are trying to help with..

I'm not saying this to be mean or a jerk, the poor guy is having issues, looking for help, derailing the thread with exb parts that are not yet available isn't much help.. ?✌

Double ?‍♂️.. ok sweet, but, does this help the OP? Not at all...

I know everyone is excited about opening their wallets, but there are plenty of exb threads, no need to make every thread about it when it has no relevance to what we are trying to help with..

I'm not saying this to be mean or a jerk, the poor guy is having issues, looking for help, derailing the thread with exb parts that are not yet available isn't much help.. ?✌

I thought it would help in the long run since it is a possible upgrade. I'm having diff issues too atm and I'm seeking for solutions

Is the diff housing / gear box loose? Are the screws not threading properly? I had a problem recently where this being loose was my issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back