Kraton Diff problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James e music

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I’ve put the HobbyStar 4092 in my kraton and it’s hard on the diffs I’m thinking about going back to the blx motor it’s all the power the car needs . I don’t know if there’s anything I can do to make it stronger. I’ve shimmed the diff and I still have trouble any ideal

Lots of guys run that set up without any trouble and some of them are very hard on equipment. Self righting, standing backflips and landing a jump on the throttle can be hard on the diffs. I’m running the hw4985 without any diff problems and my Kraton is a real pig.
You are right about the blx if the Kraton is stock. Plenty of power and no weight penalty, handles much better. Once you start adding the aluminum upgrades, bigger pinion and backflip tires it suffers from over heating.

Ok, can you be more specific? What kind of problems, internal diff problems or diff pinion/spur, or cups, or diff box...?

I’ve put the HobbyStar 4092 in my kraton and it’s hard on the diffs I’m thinking about going back to the blx motor it’s all the power the car needs . I don’t know if there’s anything I can do to make it stronger. I’ve shimmed the diff and I still have trouble any ideal

I completely understand the dilemma. Have you shimmed the spiral input gear in the diff case? I’ve had better luck with that lately. I think the HR diff case and bulkhead helped to with that. More power typically more head on the driveline parts.

I’ve shimmed diffs and it helped I’m having problems with the ring gear

Once the ring gets one tooth skipping it’s done. You can try adding shims (as many as you can) to the bearing on the output side to tighten up the mesh on a new one. Also if the housing is cracked under stress it will open that mesh up. Check it over real good. Forgive me if you know all this already...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/road-to-monster-truck.14216/
I wrote about power related reliability problems. Before TP 4070 i had HS 4092 for 6 months, HS 4092 is the best buy, great motor, but TP 4070 is way more powerful. The key is setting diff mash correctly in both ways side to sade, and front to back, and to use industrual grade bearings(they are not more expensive then "RC bearings"). It is important to fill diff boxes with lithium grease.
I use standard diff boxes, and run Max6 on 5 punch setting, TP 4070 1520kv, Graphene Panther 6S with large cap pack and Backflips wheels and I tear tires, brake diff end caps, brake drive shafts but had absolutely 0 problems with imput gears and diff spurs...

I completely understand the dilemma. Have you shimmed the spiral input gear in the diff case? I’ve had better luck with that lately. I think the HR diff case and bulkhead helped to with that. More power typically more head on the driveline parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back