Outcast Diff problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So I am still having issues with my diffs clicking/ crunching. I just rebuilt all the diffs. I took my front diff out this morning thinking it was the issue but I ran it and still having the clicking/crunching sound when on the throttle and sometimes when braking. I just put in all new ring and pinion gears so not sure what the problem could be now. Do you guys have any ideas?

Could be the Diffs are tighten a bit to much or over shimmed. These two options are usually the leading factor with this situation if you just rebuilt all the diffs.

Only other thing I can think of, is maybe a foreign object got in one of the diffs without you knowing/seeing, and causing that sound.

You replaced both ring and pinions front/rear? In my experience, If it's still doing it, it's a compromised diff housing itself. or if the diff cover isn't snug down tight on the left ring gear side, it will expand under throttle causing the mesh to loosen up and gears will slip. Also I'd add one extra outer bearing shim on front and rear. 2 total. that gives the ring/pinion a snugger mesh and will prevent them from stripping out under hard throttle and on throttle landings.?Check your diffcase bearing too. if there is slop in the front drivecup where the input gear sits, it could cause a problem too.:unsure:Hope you can get it sorted bro!?

I
That helps I am getting shims now!
I ran through everything again added the shims to the outer bearings, took the diffs apart and checked to see nothing was broken. No slop in drive cups or diff case bearing, the front is a new diff case and the rear has no breakage. If the screws that screw into the diff case from the bottom and the panel that lifts off are stripped could that be allowing the diff case to expand and cause slippage.

Last edited:
I

I ran through everything again added the shims to the outer bearings, took the diffs apart and checked to see nothing was broken. No slop in drive cups or diff case bearing, the front is a new diff case and the rear has no breakage. If the screws that screw into the diff case from the bottom and the panel that lifts off are stripped could that be allowing the diff case to expand and cause slippage.
It very well could but I would say it is the crown and pinion gear. That crunching sound under braking or acceleration is a tall tell sign of it.
Check out jennyrc for a complete diff and housing. Kraton,talion,outcast and notorious all share same diffs and housing so look if anything is in stock and buy a couple trust me. And always run that second shim.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back