Kraton Diff Screws not threading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey everybody,

I am attempting to rebuild all the diffs in my 6s kraton and I have them put together, new fluid in. I am currently trying to get the spur/ring gear on the center diff back onto the diff cup. The Screws simply do not fit and do not thread into the diff cup....

I was able to remove them just fine but now I cant get them back in???

Hey everybody,

I am attempting to rebuild all the diffs in my 6s kraton and I have them put together, new fluid in. I am currently trying to get the spur/ring gear on the center diff back onto the diff cup. The Screws simply do not fit and do not thread into the diff cup....

I was able to remove them just fine but now I cant get them back in???

Never had that issue. Only sometimes it's hard to get screws to start in a new piece. Are the holes full of fluid ?

Gotta get those holes cleaned out. Fluids don't compress and it wont squish out around the threads.
don't worry about them being 100% full. Just fill them until the cross pins are covered.

Last edited:
Which type of housing do you have? The plastic(I don't have any metal one's so I don't know) one's have a grub screw at the bottom that you can loosen/remove till the screws go in to let out excessive amounts of fluid. Though more likely, ensure your diff seal isn't mis-aligned this will stop the screw going into the hole altogether?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back