Big Rock Diff shaft doesn't want to come off... stuck or am i missing something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddytrex

Reaction score
Hi all. So my daughters big rock decided to it wanted to be a pain in the ass lol. The slipper clutch loosened up and didn't want to move. I tried taking her apart but for some reason the shaft that connects to the slipper clutch won't come off. It almost feels like there is a step I am not doing. I have a K4S so I have taken mine off multiple times. Id assume it is the same thing but I can't get it off. What is the issue? There is nothing stuck as far as I can see... thoughts ? I circled on the picture where it won't come apart from. I noticed the shaft doesn't slide as far down like it does on the K4S.

Screenshot_20201201-130104_Gallery.jpg

Hi all. So my daughters big rock decided to it wanted to be a pain in the ass lol. The slipper clutch loosened up and didn't want to move. I tried taking her apart but for some reason the shaft that connects to the slipper clutch won't come off. It almost feels like there is a step I am not doing. I have a K4S so I have taken mine off multiple times. Id assume it is the same thing but I can't get it off. What is the issue? There is nothing stuck as far as I can see... thoughts ? I circled on the picture where it won't come apart from. I noticed the shaft doesn't slide as far down like it does on the K4S.

View attachment 111985
I've had mine get stuck before, I use a pliers to get it to slide back and pop out

I've had mine get stuck before, I use a pliers to get it to slide back and pop out
I tried that, I also don't want to break it. That's how hard I am pulling and nothing. Which is why I'm confused.

I tried that, I also don't want to break it. That's how hard I am pulling and nothing. Which is why I'm confused.
Can to slide the front section backward, just to see if it's stuck? I just had that happen where they stuck together had to use the pliers to wiggle them back and forth until the loosened up

Ok I got it off with a hell of alot of stress being put on the shaft. Anyway I didn't see anything holding it back. It looks like I was shoving the shaft to its peek position. There is a small lip that it stops at. It looks like it shouldn't be there. I going to grind it down and see what happens. Thanks all!

Ok I got it off with a hell of alot of stress being put on the shaft. Anyway I didn't see anything holding it back. It looks like I was shoving the shaft to its peek position. There is a small lip that it stops at. It looks like it shouldn't be there. I going to grind it down and see what happens. Thanks all!
How old is it? Were u really hard on the truck when bashing?

You most likely couldn't get it off because the clutch hub got hot enough to melt the shaft to the red spline.. the clutch loosened up while driving it, that's a dead give away it was slipping and hot...just so happened to stop it before the plastic started to glass transition and deform..

There would be no other reason for a stuck shaft unless the spline was marred up and the shaft needed to be pounded on the spline..

You most likely couldn't get it off because the clutch hub got hot enough to melt the shaft to the red spline.. the clutch loosened up while driving it, that's a dead give away it was slipping and hot...just so happened to stop it before the plastic started to glass transition and deform..

There would be no other reason for a stuck shaft unless the spline was marred up and the shaft needed to be pounded on the spline..
I ran mine in sloppy mud, sand and grit seeped inbetween the two shafts, made it really hard to slide it back

I ran mine in sloppy mud, sand and grit seeped inbetween the two shafts, made it really hard to slide it back
Good point, good point..?.. but I'm sure it was melted...?

How old is it? Were u really hard on the truck when bashing?
I just bought it in October for my daughter's bday. She only uses it and on 50-75%. Nothing out of what a normal 10 yr old girl would do as far as bashing goes. Anyway I filed it down and now it fits fine. I wonder if it was a defect on the shaft. It was my first time taking it off.

I just bought it in October for my daughter's bday. She only uses it and on 50-75%. Nothing out of what a normal 10 yr old girl would do as far as bashing goes. Anyway I filed it down and now it fits fine. I wonder if it was a defect on the shaft. It was my first time taking it off.
I am 13 and I am pretty hard on my trucks! :p Your daughter is very lucky to get a BRCC for her birthday! I wish I got that!:ROFLMAO: I had to save up for mine. Not fun!:rolleyes:

I am 13 and I am pretty hard on my trucks! :p Your daughter is very lucky to get a BRCC for her birthday! I wish I got that!:ROFLMAO: I had to save up for mine. Not fun!:rolleyes:
Trust me anything on that truck going forward she is responsible for. She wants a clear shell to paint pink, 2.8 badlands, shocks, etc. I told her ok just give me the money and ill buy it for you. She didn't seem to happy and hasn't asked for a part since. When she broke her shock mount she had to give me $10. Lol

Trust me anything on that truck going forward she is responsible for. She wants a clear shell to paint pink, 2.8 badlands, shocks, etc. I told her ok just give me the money and ill buy it for you. She didn't seem to happy and hasn't asked for a part since. When she broke her shock mount she had to give me $10. Lol
Poor Her! LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back