Senton Diff shimming question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eno

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 3s
I've noticed that the diff shim on the Vendetta is placed on the opposite side when compared to all the other 4x4 3S BLX models (Senton, Big Rock, etc.).

Why do you think that is? I can think of two possible reasons.

1. An on-road car like the Vendetta doesn't need a tight mesh
2. The guys at Arrma have realised that this is the preferred way of shimming a 4x4 3S BLX diff (in this case I would think they'd update the expolded views of the rest of the range which they haven't)

My Senton came with the diff shims the way they are on the Vendetta, although the exploded view shows that they have to go on the opposite side. I only found out about that a couple of months ago when I had to replace the rear diff which was stripped severely!

Good question. I have no shims on my diffs in the senton. I thought that was more for the 6s line n up? Thanks for sharing!

I've noticed that the diff shim on the Vendetta is placed on the opposite side when compared to all the other 4x4 3S BLX models (Senton, Big Rock, etc.).

Why do you think that is? I can think of two possible reasons.

1. An on-road car like the Vendetta doesn't need a tight mesh
2. The guys at Arrma have realised that this is the preferred way of shimming a 4x4 3S BLX diff (in this case I would think they'd update the expolded views of the rest of the range which they haven't)

My Senton came with the diff shims the way they are on the Vendetta, although the exploded view shows that they have to go on the opposite side. I only found out about that a couple of months ago when I had to replace the rear diff which was stripped severely!

Shimming is on a diff to diff basis.. There is no real answer as to what your setup needs without us physically having it in our hands..I have some 3s/4s rigs that have it on the ring gear side, and some the cup/ carrier side...

All boils down to what the yokes want..

My big rock was similar when the diffs went during rebuilding them i noticed the front had shims on both sides. The only thing i could come up with is manufacturing flaws, because upon reassebmly it still took shim's on both sides just a different amount. If i remember correctly the rear only took 1 extra, and the truck's still running like a champ.

You can purchase them on eBay, or Amazon, or local hobby shops usually.. just need the inner, outer diameter, and thickness your after.. .1 or .2..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back