Diff too tight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
so just finished both frony and rear diffs since both of them broke like butter, and checking how it turns, it seems super tight, the diff case seems tight, the rear diff is not that tight, the front one is tight as hell

They need to have some play between the input pinion & ring gear just like your Spur & Pinion. Hold the input drive cup with one finger. Wiggle the ring gear back and forth, should get a nice free tick. Cause it'll get tighter when you screw down the door. All Arrmas post 2018 came pre shimmed from the factory, adding more will give you bigger headaches trust me! ???

They need to have some play between the input pinion & ring gear just like your Spur & Pinion. Hold the input drive cup with one finger. Wiggle the ring gear back and forth, should get a nice free tick. Cause it'll get tighter when you screw down the door. All Arrmas post 2018 came pre shimmed from the factory, adding more will give you bigger headaches trust me! ???
I know, but there’s no play, thats why I posted this, I don’t know what to do, because is really tight

Try to check that the ring gear is screwed to the diff evenly. That will cause some runout between the ring and input gears if uneven all around. It doesn't take much to cause this. You cant observe it with the naked eye. Use a caliper ideally or similar to measure the width all around. Then tighten screws accordingly so all measures precisely the same.
Alternatively try swapping the front diff to the rear and rear to the front. Hopefully they have the same weight fluid. Been thru this before on the 6s diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back