Infraction Diff Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyZuC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Senton 6s
Has anyone tried tuning their diff with heavier or lighter fluid or is everyone running the stock fluid?

Has anyone tried tuning their diff with heavier or lighter fluid or is everyone running the stock fluid?
I just put 500k in the center but I have yet to test it. Once I do and I am happy with the results, I'm going to try heavier in the rear.

I just put 500k in the center but I have yet to test it. Once I do and I am happy with the results, I'm going to try heavier in the rear.
I look forward to your results. I'm changing to sealed bearings today so I thought I would tune the diffs if there was information available. Seems like its early and everyone is just glad to have found an infraction.

Hey @bicketybam did you get a chance to try yours yet..???

I'm curious as to how it handles..?

Ran a pack today. The 500k really calms down that oversteer when drifting. I need to run a few more through it and see if I need to dial back the AVC a hair. I'll post a video tonight or tomorrow.

So I've got 30k in the front, 50k in the rear and 500k in the center. Just all around, very smooth to me. Right away I noticed so much more control with turning while throttling into corners/turns and even better, even wear on the tires. It seems like with the 30k in front and 50 in the rear, there is far less torque steer and back end sliding out when trying to get on the throttle coming out of a corner. I would say I'm very pleased with this Diff oil setup so far! Happy bashing all!

I've been running 200k in the centre for a while now and the front and rear still standard 10k and to be honest its only fractionally better than standard it gets a bit squirrelly at times. I've been thinking about doing the front and rear but no clue as where to start, I think I might try your 30k / 50k as I have those weights and see how its goes..???

@adidas303 quick question, how do you drive with your setup..?? are you after handling style or drive it like you stole it, donuts and all.?

I've been running 200k in the centre for a while now and the front and rear still standard 10k and to be honest its only fractionally better than standard it gets a bit squirrelly at times, I've been thinking about doing the front and rear but no clue as where to start I think I might try your 30k / 50k as I have those weights and see how its goes..???

@adidas303 quick question, how do you drive with your setup..?? are you after handling style or drive it like you stole it, donuts and all.?

Definitely after Handling Style. My buddy and I will set up a track using cones at a local Rec Center Parking lot. (Parking lot lights stays on all night!) We do as much Track racing as we can, along with some Timed Lap races (with the same Track layout) and will also set up the Drag Timing System from Traxxas and do some Drag races. I noticed quite a big, good change in the Track racing after the Diff oil change. Corners you can be a bit more aggressive coming out of them. I honestly shaved like 7- 10 secs off my lap time after the change. Like you said, coming out of turns it was real squirmy, having to let up off the throttle to straighten back out before you could get really get back on the throttle, sort of thing. Even Drag racing, it just holds the road better even at full throttle from the green light. Even with cold Slicks on!

I'll try and get some video of the simple lil Horseshoe style track we set up, along with some Drag race runs, see if the video will allow you see any differences with it. ?!

Good info as I’ll be tuning my Typhon for road running.

Interesting with the bias to the rear, I haven’t ran a road car yet but from the ones I’ve seen it’s quite common for a high to locked centre with the front following not far behind and the tuning the rear based on the track.

Something like
500k > locked > 5k-30k based on track

30k would be on a tight circuit with thinner as the track became more open/sweeping.

Actually a lot of the GT8E racers I’ve been looking at run
2m > locked > 30k

Obviously these are track racing rather then drifting etc but interesting none the less.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back