Diff unlocking problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stapleton219

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
IMG_0776.JPG
I've been trying to figure this one out for a month now on and off. One of my diff servos failed and I have received 2 new ones to replace with but I can not get the diff to "unlock completely" with the new gear. At this point I have even replaced entire diff case, housing a,d all gears with new trying to figure out. I've adjusted the diff brain end points till blue in the face but it wasn't until I pulled out a good working diff from my truck for comparison that I figured this out. I know your gonna think duh, should've done that a long time ago but didn't want to needlessly disassemble the truck again. So here it is below in the pics. You will see that the problem is the replacement locking rings. They are manufactured slightly different. Looks like it would still work but I'm telling you it doesn't, at least with my setup.
Anyone else have this experience?

Attachments

• IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 32
Is the collar groove on the replacement wider? If so, maybe there's a wider "C" to fit it in a revised part. Too much slop.

Is the collar groove on the replacement wider? If so, maybe there's a wider "C" to fit it in a revised part. Too much slop.
I think your referring to the groove the servo arm rides in? If so, I don't detect much. Very minimal if at all. The major diff is that extra land on the top of the original, missing from the replacements. Very subtle differences as a whole minus the land. What it all adds up to is that it effectively makes the pins on the locking ring seem too long. My solution to this problem is to grind the pins to shorten them but this shouldn't be required, in my opinion, meaning the manufacturer needs to address this change/difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back