Big Rock Diff Yoke Shim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branson_Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Has anyone tried to put shims between the diff yoke and the chassis to keep the yokes from spreading apart and allowing the input gear to strip out?

I'm trying to avoid buying the hotracing diff yokes and it looks like shims may be the solution

Factory yokes are unpredictable and limited. To the best of my knowledge, they cannot be shimmed as they are already a snug fit in the chassis compartment.

HR’s are the way to go as they eliminate flex altogether. Pricey, but oneshot investement as they are stationary items which do no wear.

I
Factory yokes are unpredictable and limited. To the best of my knowledge, they cannot be shimmed as they are already a snug fit in the chassis compartment.

HR’s are the way to go as they eliminate flex altogether. Pricey, but oneshot investement as they are stationary items which do no wear.

I can see where to shim the yokes and have already placed my order with McMaster Carr. I just hoped someone else had done this and had helpful tips to share.

I

I can see where to shim the yokes and have already placed my order with McMaster Carr. I just hoped someone else had done this and had helpful tips to share.
Interested in this. Please follow up with results.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back