Differance Between Fazon and Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blainp

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the Rc world and was wondering what would be the big differences between the Fazon and Kraton. I have watched some videos of both and it appears that the kraton is more stable and don’t roll as easy or maybe it was just the drivers. From the videos it appeared that the Karaton could handle the jump easier. Noticed that the Kraton ground clearance was also higher wondering if this made the truck more stable. Can the Fazon be adjusted to be the same ground Clarence height as the Kraton? Will mostly be using in parking lots, soccer and softball fields as well as off road conditions.

Thanks,

Main difference is the ease of repairs and how often it breaks,the Kraton is proven tough,the Fazon seems to break drive line componets when driven on asphalt.

They are really completely different animals. One is a buggy based truck (Kraton) that has been beefed up and massaged into a super tough monster truck. The other is is based on the Nero platform which is awesome but built completely different. Twin vertical plate chassis, lay down shocks and push rod suspension makes it totally different. It also weighs POUNDS more than the Kraton. That's huge when it comes to speed runs, jumping and how the machine drives. If you are just starting out, I would probably recommend either the Kraton or the base model Nero that is on sale for $499 at Tower right now. The Nero is a fantastic truck and it is the platform that the Fazon and Big Rock are built on but it is a purpose built basher. The Kraton, I think, probably a little more versatile and user friendly for someone starting out but is an older design that isn't going to age as well as the Nero. They are both $500 at the moment so you can read the specs and watch a lot of videos and see which suits you the best.

I have both. The big difference to me is weight. Kraton V2 is almost 5lbs lighter. MUCH easier to wrench in and out of... and it flies through the air with ease. The Fazon is a beast and Im really impressed with the center diff locked up off road. Its truly faster it seems then blast mode. I adjusted my Fazon up for ground clearance. Innermost in rear with preloads set for jumps. HD Ujs all around & HD shock ends. Same armor as the big rock. its truly amazing... I took it out this AM with my new GoPro Session 5 mounted on it. If anyone has a 4K screen - check it out.

They are really completely different animals. One is a buggy based truck (Kraton) that has been beefed up and massaged into a super tough monster truck. The other is is based on the Nero platform which is awesome but built completely different. Twin vertical plate chassis, lay down shocks and push rod suspension makes it totally different. It also weighs POUNDS more than the Kraton. That's huge when it comes to speed runs, jumping and how the machine drives. If you are just starting out, I would probably recommend either the Kraton or the base model Nero that is on sale for $499 at Tower right now. The Nero is a fantastic truck and it is the platform that the Fazon and Big Rock are built on but it is a purpose built basher. The Kraton, I think, probably a little more versatile and user friendly for someone starting out but is an older design that isn't going to age as well as the Nero. They are both $500 at the moment so you can read the specs and watch a lot of videos and see which suits you the best.
Absolutely, Fazon is based on the Nero and the Kraton and Nero are completely different RC's. Yeah they have four wheels, electric powered and a lexan body but after that they are completely different.

All depends on what you are wanting to do with the RC and where you run them, both are great RC's though.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I decided to go with the Kraton afterwords. Should be here in 2 weeks :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back