Difference between arrma typhon and talion shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I’m wanting to put some of the typhon 6s shocks on my BRCC but they always seem to be out of stock everywhere that actually has a good price on them. I know the talion is also fairly low... maybe not as low but still lower then the outcast and kraton etc. so would those work on the 3s models or no?

I have both, pretty sure the front ones are identical, but the rear ones on the Talion are much longer.
Did you try hoddyking's 1/8 shocks from Trackstar? They are really nice for the price and even come with valve-type pistons.

Before I could get my hands on the Typhon 6S shocks, I bought a cheap set of eBay shocks. They aren’t quite as good, but way better than the stock 3S ones. They are just a little skinny.

the talion fronts are totally diff... more coils the rears look shorter than the typhon though

talion on left typhon on right

Attachments

• IMG_7831.JPG
    IMG_7831.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_7886.JPG
    IMG_7886.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 177
the talion fronts are totally diff... more coils the rears look shorter than the typhon though

talion on left typhon on right
What’s the length of the talion fronts though... I looked into it and the kraton fronts would work in the back, so how are the talion fronts? How long from eye to eye are they?

I moved my typhon shocks to my Granite. They were about 5mm longer than the 3s shocks, and the springs were a lot stiffer.

I bought some Talion shocks for my Typhon. They were about 10mm longer than the Typhon 6s shocks, and the springs were a lot stiffer.

I don't think the Talion shocks would work for the 3s trucks. Too long, and too stiff. I would try Senton 6s shocks, but those will be getting scares soon to, with the 6s being discontinued...

I moved my typhon shocks to my Granite. They were about 5mm longer than the 3s shocks, and the springs were a lot stiffer.

I bought some Talion shocks for my Typhon. They were about 10mm longer than the Typhon 6s shocks, and the springs were a lot stiffer.

I don't think the Talion shocks would work for the 3s trucks. Too long, and too stiff. I would try Senton 6s shocks, but those will be getting scares soon to, with the 6s being discontinued...
[/QUOTE/]
dang ok... I’ll just keep checking for when Jenny’s restocks the typhons then
Thanks?

This is a list I have of some shocks that can work.

Hot Racing Shocks 3s models.

YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Two 2) rear shock bodies
- Two 2) Screw-on o-ring cap eliminates the plastic seal retainer
- Two (2) aluminum spring adjusters/collars
REQUIREMENTS:
- Silicone shock oil, assembly, bleeding, and installation per Arrma recommendations
- Existing stock shock components
Arrma Typhon 6s shocks -
The best place to source these is from JennysRC.
For the Arrma Typhon shocks you will need something to take up the slack in the upper mount most use either steel balls out of shock rod ends or nitro fuel line.

HSP Shocks -
A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks. These will also require either the steel balls or nitro fuel line to take up the space in the upper mount. Remember that these are cheap Chinese shocks, they work okay but do not expect much for quality.
Big Bore eBay shocks -
Cheap ebay shocks these also need either steel balls or fuel line in the top. These shocks do not have bladders and can be a bit tricky to bleed, some users have had issues with the stock pistons having too small of holes and the rod ends are pretty poor.
Trackstar Shocks - these appear to now be discontinued
Springs that come with these are rather stiff for the 3s line and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. They may work for the 4s models I have not tested them yet. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Basher Sabertooth shocks -
Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Hot Bodies shocks -
Rather expensive you will want to change out the springs. Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
ZD Racing Shocks -

This is a list I have of some shocks that can work.

Hot Racing Shocks 3s models.

YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Two 2) rear shock bodies
- Two 2) Screw-on o-ring cap eliminates the plastic seal retainer
- Two (2) aluminum spring adjusters/collars
REQUIREMENTS:
- Silicone shock oil, assembly, bleeding, and installation per Arrma recommendations
- Existing stock shock components
Arrma Typhon 6s shocks -
The best place to source these is from JennysRC.
For the Arrma Typhon shocks you will need something to take up the slack in the upper mount most use either steel balls out of shock rod ends or nitro fuel line.

HSP Shocks -
A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks. These will also require either the steel balls or nitro fuel line to take up the space in the upper mount. Remember that these are cheap Chinese shocks, they work okay but do not expect much for quality.
Big Bore eBay shocks -
Cheap ebay shocks these also need either steel balls or fuel line in the top. These shocks do not have bladders and can be a bit tricky to bleed, some users have had issues with the stock pistons having too small of holes and the rod ends are pretty poor.
Trackstar Shocks - these appear to now be discontinued
Springs that come with these are rather stiff for the 3s line and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. They may work for the 4s models I have not tested them yet. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Basher Sabertooth shocks -
Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Hot Bodies shocks -
Rather expensive you will want to change out the springs. Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
ZD Racing Shocks -

I hope you have that in Notepad or something to copy paste ??

What’s the length of the talion fronts though... I looked into it and the kraton fronts would work in the back, so how are the talion fronts? How long from eye to eye are they?

i will measure them next time i take off..

O
i will measure them next time i take off..
Ok thank you so much
O

Ok thank you so much
Hold up I just came across something on eBay that looks sick but idk how it would work on a Basher compared to a crawler: internal spring shocks
Would they work because they look sick??

O

Ok thank you so much

Hold up I just came across something on eBay that looks sick but idk how it would work on a Basher compared to a crawler: internal spring shocks
Would they work because they look sick??
To be honest I don't know, but I would think it wouldn't matter as they are still oil filled shocks.

What is best for jumping
Setup :
have a extended Typhon v3 kraton chassis
There is a shock alternatives post for the 3s line at the top of the 4x4 section which may answer all your questions. The post you respond to is pretty old. Many, myself included, use Kraton front shocks for the rear of 3S cars and Mojave front shocks for the front. It is way cheaper than getting 6s typhon shocks and they are often in stock at jennysrc.com.

There is a shock alternatives post for the 3s line at the top of the 4x4 section which may answer all your questions. The post you respond to is pretty old. Many, myself included, use Kraton front shocks for the rear of 3S cars and Mojave front shocks for the front. It is way cheaper than getting 6s typhon shocks and they are often in stock at jennysrc.com.
He has a 6s Typhon so that sticky is irrelevant for him.

Do talion front springs work in Typhon shocks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back