Difference Between Senton and Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Why did Arrma kill the Fury and how is the Senton different? I am not talking about powerplants, just the design of the truck. Both are SCT's so I am not sure what separated them. Just curious.

The Fury is 2WD with a rear mounted motor. I own one and it's been a really good truck for me.

Best regards,
Brian

The Fury is 2WD with a rear mounted motor. I own one and it's been a really good truck for me.

Best regards,
Brian

Did they ever make a 4x4 Fury and if not why didn’t they?

They never made a Fury 4x4. The Senton was always the 4x4 and the Fury the 2WD in the ARRMA line up.

Best regards,
Brian

They never made a Fury 4x4. The Senton was always the 4x4 and the Fury the 2WD in the ARRMA line up.

Best regards,
Brian

Other than the drivetrain, what was different? They couldn’t have just made a Fury 4x4?

You could argue that the Senton Mega 4x4 , should have been called the Fury 4x4 instead of the Senton.

Yeah, this.

Or maybe revive the old Mojave name to use as the 4x4 plastic chassis truck. But calling it a Senton was just silly and confusing, IMHO.

The Fury 2WD has a totally different layout. Kind of like the difference between a SLASH 2WD and a SLASH 4x4. Really nothing wrong with 2WD, it can be a lot of fun.

Best regards,
Brian

Yeah, this.

Or maybe revive the old Mojave name to use as the 4x4 plastic chassis truck. But calling it a Senton was just silly and confusing, IMHO.

What is the difference between the Mojave and the Fury? Was it just the body like the Outcast and Notorious?

The Fury 2WD has a totally different layout. Kind of like the difference between a SLASH 2WD and a SLASH 4x4. Really nothing wrong with 2WD, it can be a lot of fun.

Yeah but if not mistaken did not the Fury come with a metal diff. The Mega went a step back with composite. Traxxas while before in the 2wd brushed models came with plastic idler and diff ring. Now even the brushed models come with metal gears.

And yeah I can enjoy 2wd just as much 4wd also.

I actually had to sell my fury before I even knew that it was discontinued! I regret selling it for multiple reasons. It is a 2wd with amazing power and speed. The way it was geared up, you could easily get huge acceleration from 0-65 km/hrs in 2 seconds! What a beast!
The motor is a back mount and the car is actually 2 pounds lighter than the new 4x4 senton blx. Obviously driving a 2wd is a lot harder but also very rewarding. It made me a much better driver!
The new senton 4x4 blx is a little slower on 2s. However it does drive like a charm. That 2 extra pounds make the difference. The 4 x 4 makes the handling perfect and the balance of power just adequate. I will love to see this thing on 3s but have not tried it yet. Working on the senton is much easier with it's modular and easier acces. The fury was a bit less user friendly.
I guess that horizon decided to cut the 2wd and wanted to push the losi 2wd 22s sct instead. Since they have the control over the whole industry now. Too bad they kept the low ball 1/10 fazon and their weird battery system.
I would pick another fury anytime if arrma was to back up the parts in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back