Differences between 4 & 6 pole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmcrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Raider
  3. Talion
With soo much different information online I figured I try it for myself. My stock 2050kv Arrma motor blew up (why Idk? Temps always 160F). So I bought a cheap 6 pole Toro 4068 motor for $50 on Ebay. Speed seems the same but when I brake it stops on a dime. All settings are the same. I did notice temps are 145F with same pinion. So it runs cooler too. Horizon hobby is going to warranty my motor when they are back in stock.

I think it's similar to having a V6 engine vs a V8 of the same displacement. All things being equal, it would allow the motor to be pushing the rotor more times per revolution and allow for more accuracy and torque.

Also kind of like digital vs analog servos. Digital has a much higher clock rate, so they can tell a servo where to be more times per second which makes them more precise and stronger.

It still wouldn't be as smooth as a sensored motor, because the motor still isn't really communicating with the ESC.

Then again, I'm probably talking out of my butt. Was just thinking on it from a mechanical point of view.

Last edited:
My understanding is, More poles= more torque, less speed but can be compensated with gearing. How it all works out in real world effect, IDK. Sounds like differences in can size and KV is still where the real differences are. I may also be talking out my butt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back