Kraton Differences between 6s Kraton and 8s (possible v5 speculation)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
So ...i was wondering what "upgrades" might be coming down the pipe for a Kraton v5 based off of what has been seen on the 8s. I see integrated metal chassis braces along with the tower to tower brace (nice upgrade from plastic) But not alot more. Has anyone else seen any other good quality of life upgrades implemented?

I suspect the 6s line is going to be left alone for quite some time.
The V4 Kraton already got the T2T brace and sliding motor mount.

They have some hop-up parts like the aluminum diff cups that likely will remain as separately sold hop-ups. They may do some aluminum braces in that same category?

The Ccxrc yt channel had the Horizon Hobby's Greg Sopa the director of marketing for surface vehicles on. They touched on some 2020 things to come.

Speculation is that they will get new electronics for 2020. Spektrum Firma esc, Spektrum servo and the STX3.
Solid point, I could see them swapping over the Spektrum electronics going forward.
Do we still think it is a HW esc or possibly like the Losi line using the Fuse brand?

Solid point, I could see them swapping over the Spektrum electronics going forward.
Do we still think it is a HW esc or possibly like the Losi line using the Fuse brand?
Most of the Spektrum and Fuse escs are Hobbywing rebrands, especially the 1/8th and larger escs, so the escs will essentially be the same internally. The esc in the Kraton 8s is just a rebranded Max6 with the Spektrum Smart stuff added in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back