Kraton Differences between V1 vs V2 vs V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Attitude

Reaction score
Hi guys, \
wondering if you could lay out the differences between all the versions. I'm keeping an eye out for a deal on one and want to know what to look for. Sorry if it's been covered before... didn't see another thread on it.

It also depends on which model...The Talion changed a lot and the others not so much.

@Steveoarrma517 There was more than just bodies and tires. From the V1 to the V2 they changed the body colors, the hubs, the motor and the esc. There may be more, but those are things that I know of. For V2 to V3 they changed the from to 4mm shock shafts, differential cases, battery holder, receiver box, stronger servo mount and shock cap protectors. Again, there may be more but that's what I know of.

@Max Attitude Also keep in mind that all of the V3 parts are pretty much backward compatible with the older models so that you can upgrade them if you want.

The biggest change in the Arrma 6S BLX lineup was the V2 to the V3 Talion. That was a pretty major revision and I don't know how much is compatible between them, I honestly don't think much is.

The front bumper changed too, along with where it screws into the chassis.
Do you mean that they moved the holes in the chassis? Or that they changed the bumper so it looks different? I checked the part numbers and the chassis is the same between V1, V2 and V3 so I would imagine that the holes in the chassis are in the same place that they have always been as they would have to be compatible with the new bumper as well as the old bumpers.

Do you mean that they moved the holes in the chassis? Or that they changed the bumper so it looks different? I checked the part numbers and the chassis is the same between V1, V2 and V3 so I would imagine that the holes in the chassis are in the same place that they have always been as they would have to be compatible with the new bumper as well as the old bumpers.

They didn't change the holes. The V3 attaches the bumper from the front, through the aluminum plate that supports the hinge pins. From what I can tell, the earlier versions are attached by the screws that go through the chassis from the bottom. The earlier versions are also much smaller. I discovered this when installing the RPM bumper which requires the removal of the oem bumper and using a style that is similar to the earlier versions. In fact if you look at the RPM website, they specify "The RPM Front Bumper fits V1 & V2 versions without additional changes or modifications. V3 owners will need to swap out the stock front bumper with the “front bumper” from ARRMA #AR330230" I discovered that The T-Bone Racing bumper kit comes with a V3 specific Hinge Pin Block that replaces the stock bumper. The big difference is that on the V3, the bumper is larger and screwed in from both the bottom and the front.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back