Fazon Differences in LiPo 2s configurations?? WTH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRspeed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Hi folks, My name is Rich (R) and I got a Fazon Voltage to give my son (G) (hence GRspeed) for Christmas. Long story short, the stock Li-Ion charger is defective.

Bought a nice gensacearespammers 5000mah 50c 7.2v 2s for this thing too. It doesn't fit!

The leads come out of the end of the battery in such a way that it won't slide into the chassis without modifying it or severely pinching the wires against the inside of the battery bay. I'm totally bummed. We can't run it!

What specific battery model do any of you have that works without interference as above? Pics please? Gonna order something tonight, hopefully it'll be here for the weekend.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

GRspeed

Attachments

• Photo on 12-25-18 at 1.58 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-25-18 at 1.58 PM.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Photo on 12-25-18 at 1.59 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-25-18 at 1.59 PM.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I tried to have my boy point at the trouble spot where we have the interference. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you folks.

Hi folks, My name is Rich (R) and I got a Fazon Voltage to give my son (G) (hence GRspeed) for Christmas. Long story short, the stock Li-Ion charger is defective.

Bought a nice gensacearespammers 5000mah 50c 7.2v 2s for this thing too. It doesn't fit!

The leads come out of the end of the battery in such a way that it won't slide into the chassis without modifying it or severely pinching the wires against the inside of the battery bay. I'm totally bummed. We can't run it!

What specific battery model do any of you have that works without interference as above? Pics please? Gonna order something tonight, hopefully it'll be here for the weekend.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

GRspeed
I bought a Superpa 7.4v 4000mAh 25 C and it works great. The user manual mentions 25C so maybe that’s your issue?

Max battery dimensions for lipo and nihim packs 141x48x26mm / 5.55x1.89x1.02"

This battery's case measures 139mm long, 41mm wide and 25mm tall. I was trying to explain and show in the original post that it is the wires that interfere, specifically where they come out of the hard case on this puppy.

Can you point me to 4000-5000mAh battery models that you have used which have leads located in such a way that they work well?

Thanks.
Photo on 12-25-18 at 11.50 PM #2.jpg

I bought a Superpa 7.4v 4000mAh 25 C and it works great. The user manual mentions 25C so maybe that’s your issue?

As I understand it, the C rating has to do with the maximum discharge rate of the battery and is expressed as the minimum Arrma says we can use, so the 50 is good to go in that regard. I'll look up a Superpa as you mentioned. Can you post a pic of yours, where the leads leave the battery case?

Thank you

As I understand it, the C rating has to do with the maximum discharge rate of the battery and is expressed as the minimum Arrma says we can use, so the 50 is good to go in that regard. I'll look up a Superpa as you mentioned. Can you post a pic of yours, where the leads leave the battery case?

Thank you
Watch this video he uses a similar battery and explains real well how to install the batteries. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAB6BAgMEAU&usg=AOvVaw0zPev5j8mte2G7558e-h-Q

Yeah, I see in the video that the wires on his come off at the top rear corner of the pack.

Unfortunate luck that the pack we bought has the wires exiting on toward the rear of the vehicle when the pack is installed. Same problem if we turn the pack around, as the front wall of the battery bay is also solid. These wires just can't make the bend without getting crushed against the wall of the battery bay in the chassis.

Thanks for the video link Slim.

Sweet. I just bought these for the Voltage that I am surprising my daughter with.
You'll be happy.

These things are a blast.

I picked up a Granite Voltage so we can bash with similar equipment.

The batteries give almost equal run time in our Fazon and Granite, about 20-25 minutes and we're bashing around at full speed now!

The Granite's steering servo was failing after the second run. I've got a ADS-7 servo on order from a higher end model that oughta solve that problem.

Sweet. I just bought these for the Voltage that I am surprising my daughter with.
It’s great to be able to share your hobby with the kids. I have 4 daughters and all but the eldest (18 more interested in going out, makeup etc) is keen...they are even teaching their ‘ol man a few things......i’m Happy for you so make sure you make the most out of it with them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back