Different C rating in batteries.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanman0516

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
The ovonic battery is 50c the zippy is 30c and the other zippy is 20c.
Why is it that the ovonic is the same size as the zippy 30c but you can see the difference between between 20c and the 30c.

Attachments

• 20200111_142457.jpg
    20200111_142457.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 42
C rating doesn’t have anything to do with the physical size of a battery. It’s only the batteries ability to discharge when needed.

Having said that, C-ratings are pretty much a lie. The Chinese manufacturers will put anything on a battery because of no industry standards or oversight.

I do believe that Gen-ace, Venom and SMC are actually on point and legit with the C ratings. However, the cheap batteries that flood eBay and Amazon are a crap shoot.

From brand to brand, you will see vast differences between C ratings. But they should be somewhat predictable inside a brand.

C rating doesn’t have anything to do with the physical size of a battery. It’s only the batteries ability to discharge when needed.

Having said that, C-ratings are pretty much a lie. The Chinese manufacturers will put anything on a battery because of no industry standards or oversight.

I do believe that Gen-ace, Venom and SMC are actually on point and legit with the C ratings. However, the cheap batteries that flood eBay and Amazon are a crap shoot.
No one lists the true c rate of their packs.

ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY.jpg

Thank you guys the reason I am asking is I have arrma 120blx & 2400kv motor. I tried the zippy 30c and after 2 high speed runs Lvd kick in.
So I went out and bought the ovonic 50c and all is good.
This is why I was asking about C rating.

Thank you guys the reason I am asking is I have arrma 120blx & 2400kv motor. I tried the zippy 30c and after 2 high speed runs Lvd kick in.
So I went out and bought the ovonic 50c and all is good.
This is why I was asking about C rating.
If you can trust ratings (you can’t) 30C is below the minimum 35C that Arrma calls for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back