Granite Different HD Input Gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi,

I am looking to replace the HD input gear on my Granite (The orange one from last year) - the part I am looking for is AR310873 but I am getting different information but some suggestions that it has been discontinued and replaced with ARA311031. Looking at the pictures this has a shorter shaft.

Will be able to just use this and swap it out or do I need any parts to go with it?

Many Thanks

Jonathan

Thank you, seems a little odd that the shorter shaft will still work.......... I am probably just not picturing it very well.....

Thanks for your help......

Yes the shaft is shorter but it does work the same ,changed both of mine without fitting any other parts and works fine, I asked the same question when changing mine and thought I needed to change the slipper.

That's great, thank you.

I guess it makes it easier to change to change to the new slipper in the future then.... speaking of which, what parts would I need for that or is it a whole new slipper assembly?

You just need the slipper maintenance set

66A2E78E-FB6E-497F-B0A3-E3D3B51F18AE.jpeg

Thats brilliant thank you - I'll get one ready :)

Thanks for all your help.

I was just about to order this slipper maintenance kit, are you saying that is for the 2wd. version? The Granite I was referring to at the start is the 4wd 3S BLX, the orange one from last year not the v3 or the 2wd.....

Spook the slipper kit is the one that you need but the thread should be moved because is in the discontinue models and the granite 4x4 should be in the 4x4 forums.

Sorry to add to the thread, I don't know how (if I can) to move this thread..

However, I think I may have another problem.... The Granite has 2 diffs but slipper, if I have to get a shorter input gear for the change to the slipper for the rear diff, what happens to the input gear in the front diff? This will still be the sorter gear... how do I resolve that issue?

Thanks all

Sorry to add to the thread, I don't know how (if I can) to move this thread..

However, I think I may have another problem.... The Granite has 2 diffs but slipper, if I have to get a shorter input gear for the change to the slipper for the rear diff, what happens to the input gear in the front diff? This will still be the sorter gear... how do I resolve that issue?

Thanks all
No need to worry about the input gear on the front diff as the centre drive shaft is hollow so either would work

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back