Different "Hoons"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drjim

Old And In The Way!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
I've looked around, and can't seem to find an answer, so here we go...

I keep seeing references to "Silver" Hoons on the Limitless FakeBook page. Are the "Silver" Hoons the slicks that come with the Limitless, or a different tire?

Mine are still fine, and haven't been over 60MPH, so I'm not quite ready to get a "better" tire....yet!

There are 3 versions
Gold = Soft
White = medium
Silver = hard

The white are what come on the Limitless and Infraction. Gold and silver are available as upgrade options

I think this explains it:

6NKCMEY6FFBAXCX3WUZE3PC9NHR4HHXT48EXBVEUFEEKM6ZTF2.jpg

@drjim the silver Hoons are starting to give some good results for us speed runners.

One of the guys I know has done lot's of runs in the 140's and just broke his PB with a 150 all on the same set of silver Hoons.

I do want to try them but compared to GRP's they're double the price so I think I'll wait to see if the prices go lower or if I just eventually give in. :LOL:;)

@drjim the silver Hoons are starting to give some good results for us speed runners.

One of the guys I know has done lot's of runs in the 140's and just broke his PB with a 150 all on the same set of silver Hoons.

I do want to try them but compared to GRP's they're double the price so I think I'll wait to see if the prices go lower or if I just eventually give in. :LOL:;)

Agreed I am tempted to try them. Going to give BSR Foams one more shot now that I am running a body that provides downforce.

Agreed I am tempted to try them. Going to give BSR Foams one more shot now that I am running a body that provides downforce.
I should have a decent body for my Limitless soon enough as my DP body shell order has been reconfirmed.

I know BSR foams have been proven at some very high speeds but again they're on the expensive side so for starters on my Limitless I'm running SP Racing foams. When the speeds build up higher, which I hope they do, I'll be looking at my options then so will be interested to see what you decide or do with tyres Liberty. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back