Kraton Different shock mounts…which is better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakko

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
  3. Voltage
My EXB rebuild is underway and the shock mount for the front is the sleeved type with the long screw that goes through it. Mount is fine, but the screw is bent. My Jenny’s replacement is the single piece style. The current diagram on Arrmas site is the style I have. Is that the newest one? Since my Jenny’s kit has the different type, it didn’t come with the 28mm screws, so I’ll have to use the other style. Is the newer style that much better? I can order the screws later.
50DA1927-CA6E-442A-8A42-2026DD324C2D.jpeg

While I have seen all three fail, the M2C are still the best. Not indestructible, but far better.

I agree with @jondilly1974 M2C is the best choice. I've snapped stock standoffs and the older M2C versions. Haven't gotten to really test the new M2C sets I picked up yet but definitely a lot better than the stock with the thinner screw. Here's one of the older style M2C standoffs I broke and the new one below it. The older set had almost a long set screw that screwed into the rear where now it's all one piece. Also heads up if you order the M2C standoffs get two of the replacement 2 packs as for what ever reason it is cheaper than buying the set of 4👍
IMG_20210729_105333406.jpg

I agree with @jondilly1974 M2C is the best choice. I've snapped stock standoffs and the older M2C versions. Haven't gotten to really test the new M2C sets I picked up yet but definitely a lot better than the stock with the thinner screw. Here's one of the older style M2C standoffs I broke and the new one below it. The older set had almost a long set screw that screwed into the rear where now it's all one piece. Also heads up if you order the M2C standoffs get two of the replacement 2 packs as for what ever reason it is cheaper than buying the set of 4👍View attachment 160960

Cause the set of 4 comes with a drill bit while the replacement packs do not.

I agree with @jondilly1974 M2C is the best choice. I've snapped stock standoffs and the older M2C versions. Haven't gotten to really test the new M2C sets I picked up yet but definitely a lot better than the stock with the thinner screw. Here's one of the older style M2C standoffs I broke and the new one below it. The older set had almost a long set screw that screwed into the rear where now it's all one piece. Also heads up if you order the M2C standoffs get two of the replacement 2 packs as for what ever reason it is cheaper than buying the set of 4👍View attachment 160960
Hadn't seen the new style. Will have to order those next time. 🤘

Cause the set of 4 comes with a drill bit while the replacement packs do not.
Ya that could be it🤷
Hadn't seen the new style. Will have to order those next time. 🤘
I know I was surprised when I got them cause they are a lot different than the older set I have on my Noto. But seem better as now you don't have to worry about the rear screw coming loose👍

Last edited:
I'll convert to the silver style and see how they hold up. I will still have the spare two piece one, and if I manage to break ALL of them, I'll order the M2C ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back