Kraton Differential fluid and new member intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxCmurda

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
maybe a stupid question..... I am new to the hobby (not entirely new, haven't owned one since I was 8..now 40:rolleyes:..) but like so many others I am now a rc holic. I started off buying a Kraton V4 6s 8/3/20 and after watching many many many hrs of youtube (most on company time) of guys bashing, I decided once I left LHS and batteries charged that was going to be me. :LOL: well it didn't end good, had a great time while it lasted but at the end of a battery pack I had bent both suspension towers, snapped front bumper, popped a ball joint out and lastly I cracked my rear diff case which also snapped both screws off. No biggie right?? little did I know during this pandemic not only were people hoarding toilet paper but rc parts as well and most are backordered. Easy solution (while i wait for M2C, JBI and RPM parts), 3 days later I would buy a Granite BLX so I could bash while the kraton was waiting..... Soon tho I would have two rc's waiting and needing repair. So now an even more stupid decision, I decided I just "needed" to have another and last week while picking up parts (I noticed a pattern soon to be welcomed into the rc aholic club because LHS was now starting to call me everyday about parts that arrived) there it was.. it practically jumped off the shelf at me! The new Infraction V2 the LHS just happened to get off the Fed Ex truck and placed on the shelf after taking pictures (it was the first one they had recieved) It was love at first sight and I had to have it. I knew I would get the stink eye and the honey due list would increase but it had my heart and I would risk it at any consequence. ? ... that actually felt good to get off my chest.. and i know I will have all the therapy and support in this Forum!!! okay so now the stupid question I have is.... my LHS and every hobby online store is currently sold out of Team Associated differential fluid except the 1k weights and are backordered. My LHS said they wouldn't get 200k, 60k, 30k until October. I see TRAXXAS diff fluid on the shelves and online.... it feels like betrayal and I don't wanna but can I just buy that? is it the same? is it good? should it be allowed to enter inside my ARMA's?? any other available options? sorry for the long intro but I guess I needed ears since my lady doesn't want to hear or listen anything RC anymore and thinks i went crazy.. think I burned her out. haha

Welcome back, and welcome to RCA LMAO.

The parts thing really is a problem if you can’t keep a lid on it.. I’m not one to talk. My lid is open and shhhhh don’t tell the wife... kidding, she knows about it... and she lets me know she knows about it ?? also kidding, happy wife happy life.

As far as the fluid goes... shhhh, you can use that stuff just don’t tell the arrma guys about it.?? It’s honestly probably the same stuff.. and it if came down to me running that in my diffs or waiting for months for other... I’d have it in my diffs... AND I DO!

I like the bottle design to.

????

Haha I'm using Traxxas Diff fluid in all my cars and I'm absolutely happy with ?

Don't worry about your stupid decisions, you are definitely not alone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the Arrma Fam

Don’t tell anyone, but I had to grab Traxxass diff fluid recently too. It’s all the same on the inside. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back