Granite differential fluid change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackgoat04

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
so I have this idea. It might be stupid, but I will ask anyways. I'm not sure if any companies currently make something like this but I haven't seen anything. I'm about to change the differential fluid again in both of mine just to play with the mixture a little bit more and try to get it to drive how I want. I was wondering if it would be a stupid idea to drill and tap a tiny hole on both sides of the diffs. my thought is that pushing fluid into one side will squeeze all of the old fluid out of the other side. that's making fluid changes relatively easier. kind of the same idea as a grease fitting on a truck or something. and of course have tiny bleeder screws that I could put back in the holes to keep them from leaking the fluid out.?

so I have this idea. It might be stupid, but I will ask anyways. I'm not sure if any companies currently make something like this but I haven't seen anything. I'm about to change the differential fluid again in both of mine just to play with the mixture a little bit more and try to get it to drive how I want. I was wondering if it would be a stupid idea to drill and tap a tiny hole on both sides of the diffs. my thought is that pushing fluid into one side will squeeze all of the old fluid out of the other side. that's making fluid changes relatively easier. kind of the same idea as a grease fitting on a truck or something. and of course have tiny bleeder screws that I could put back in the holes to keep them from leaking the fluid out.?

It's a good thought but you would never be able to flush out all the old fluid and contaminates and would not be inspecting parts for wear or other issues.

It's a good thought but you would never be able to flush out all the old fluid and contaminates and would not be inspecting parts for wear or other issues.
true. I'm more interested in quick fluid changes in trying to find the right thicknesses for different uses.

I pretty much never change the fluid unless it leaks out. You could do it every 30-50 packs or so if you want to change it more often, but unless you notice your diff action lightening up, I say why bother. At that rate, you probably should do a full diff rebuild anyway (seals, bearings).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back