Outcast Differential gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I just tore my truck apart and was about to put the diffs back together when I noticed some of the teeth on the differential gear are worn/ broken. Is gear still okay to use or do I need to wait and get a new one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 45
i would replace both the ring and pinion gears as a set.. that being said you could always toss it back together for now while your waiting on gears.. that is if it doesn't jump teeth like crazy and is constantly clicking.. shim the gears once you get the new ones installed, and maes sure the bearings are good...?

I just tore my truck apart and was about to put the diffs back together when I noticed some of the teeth on the differential gear are worn/ broken. Is gear still okay to use or do I need to wait and get a new one?

The thing that stands out most in this picture is the small chunk of pin in the bottom right corner.. did you break a internal output pin.. cause it sure looks like a chunk of one...?

It was the pin that holds the the differential gear on the diff.

ya figured.. that pin breakage is common.. shimming them helps alot.. or better pins
that also could have been alot of the clicking.. ?

What pins would you recommend?

well you can use titanium rod and cut your own, use a quality drill bit and again cut your own...or you can use tekno pins and output cups.. you can also use tekno gear sets for the internals.. supposedly the gears that split from that pin breakage are better.. 90% of the time the pin snaps and pops the gear into pieces as its forced through the bore..

let me see if i can find the parts to show you..
i was mistaken.. its mugen parts.. not tekno...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200403-232001_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-232001_Gallery.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20200403-232120_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-232120_Gallery.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20200403-232116_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-232116_Gallery.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 41
well you can use titanium rod and cut your own, use a quality drill bit and again cut your own...or you can use tekno pins and output cups.. you can also use tekno gear sets for the internals.. supposedly the gears that split from that pin breakage are better.. 90% of the time the pin snaps and pops the gear into pieces as its forced through the bore..

let me see if i can find the parts to show you..
i was mistaken.. its mugen parts.. not tekno...
Thanks for the solid advice much appreciated!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back