Differential Gearing Questions for Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt-Nap409

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys n gals, I know this has probably been touched on but I have to ask. What is the stock tooth count for the idler and the differential gear? Do they make an upgrade for these to further play with gearing ratio's? I have 12 through 18 tooth pinion gears I'm going to try with the 0.8 MOD. Not sure if I should go back with the original 48p spur gear for better ratios or something I'm looking for in the unit. I want torque and speed and I know I can achieve it, I just have to find the right balance from the motor all the way through the drive train. I can mess with voltage and battery power later, for now I'm concentrating on gears. I am going to try and stick with 2S on this Granite but may move to 3S later. I have the hobbywing max 10 3660 4000kv setup which states can run 2S through 4S in the ESC.

Is is for the 2wd Granite Voltage, or the 4x4 Granite?

For the Voltage, I do not believe there are any aftermarket or upgrade diff/idler gears.

For the 4x4, there are two sets of diff gears that must be used in their correct pairs - no mix and match. Both ratios are close enough to be the same to not make a practical difference - the big difference is one has bigger teeth, and is more durable.

If you step up to the 6s trucks, then you can play with different diff ratios, but for the Granite, you can really only adjust the pinion/spur.

Is is for the 2wd Granite Voltage, or the 4x4 Granite?

For the Voltage, I do not believe there are any aftermarket or upgrade diff/idler gears.

For the 4x4, there are two sets of diff gears that must be used in their correct pairs - no mix and match. Both ratios are close enough to be the same to not make a practical difference - the big difference is one has bigger teeth, and is more durable.

If you step up to the 6s trucks, then you can play with different diff ratios, but for the Granite, you can really only adjust the pinion/spur.
Thanks for the input Jerry. I spotted a 10T idler gear and wasn't sure how much difference it would make.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back