Differential issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxAction

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hey y'all...

new to Arrma, and new to the forum. I recently acquired a Nero Big Rock, and I love it! The thing is an absolute beast, and a ton of fun.

Today I was out ripping on it, and it stopped moving. The pinion gear was spinning the spur/clutch, but no movement. If I would pick the truck up, the wheels would all spin, but it was very noisy.

So I brought it home, and took out the center diff, checked it out, cleaned and re-oiled, and reassembled. Now I got front wheels, but no rear. If I pick it up and juice it, the rear wheels will spin, but with any resistance, they don't.

Besides having very little really dirty oil in it, the center diff was fine, nothing broken, no metal savings or pieces. If I spin one rear wheel, the other one spins opposite like it should, and I hear no grinding or noise from the rear diff spinning it by hand. Anyone have any idea what I need to look for or what might be causing this? Thanks guys.

I figured it out...

I had a broken grub screw/drive pin on one rear out drive. Ran to the LHS and picked up some Traxxas 5145, back in business. Still scratching my head about why I lost all four, and why I got the fronts back after servicing the diff.

I figured it out...

I had a broken grub screw/drive pin on one rear out drive. Ran to the LHS and picked up some Traxxas 5145, back in business. Still scratching my head about why I lost all four, and why I got the fronts back after servicing the diff.

Because the power is sent to the wheels of least resistance in this case the one missing the grub screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back